• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    im looking into reloading my own ammo and i was looking at the lee loadmaster does anyone know anything about it
    Texas SOT

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Honestly I think anyone starting out should begin with a turret type, easier to learn and yet as you grow more experienced they will produce
    a fair quantity per hour.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Learning to load on a progressive press can be dangerous.
    There are so many things happening at once on a progressive press that a novice can easily over look or miss something.
    Get you a Lee signal stage press and a Lee Pro powder charger.
    There is not much cash outlay in those tools and after a few thousand rounds you will have enough experience under your belt to step up to the progressive press.
    You need to learn the feel of each stage / operation of the re-loading process. I say this because in a progressive press these thing are all happening at once. So knowing what feels right, sound right and look right in essential.

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    I agree with the other posters. I started out with a Lee Turret which I used as a single stage when I started. Later I traded the Lee Turret for a Lee Classic Turret Press which I used for a while. Since then I got the Lee Loadmaster and also added a Lee Classic Single stage press which I use to deprime and prime before I use the Loadmaster.

clement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    im also looking at reloading. ive read on single stage and progressive reloaders.
    i'm looking at the lee pro1000. so i guess my question is if using a progressive reloader and doing 1 shell at a time i can keep track of what is going on as well as getting the feel of the turret and what it is doing. then after a thousand rounds or so i can move up to doing more than 1 round at a time and already know the feel of it. good or bad.

sf340b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    You can load one shell at a time but there are some differences in the mechanical operation when more than one shell is in the works. The machine is working at each station at the same time and if there is nada in that particular station-no resistance-easier to operate.

You can observe this by placing a couple at a time and then 3 at a time, after you feel comfortable.

Top Bottom