• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    I'm in the market for a new carry pistol, currently its my XD9 4inch, but i'm seriously smitten on 1911's, problem is, i'm a southpaw, my question is, is/would it be possible to have a left handed slide release installed/cut into the gun? Any southpaw 1911 shooters out there, is it worth it?? I know I can get an ambi-safety, but even a right handed safety isnt a big deal to manipulate but i'm more interested in the slide release, when I reload I tend to rack the slide anyway, just feels better but it would be nice to have the option? any input would be awesome here
    Hurley's Gold

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Not worth the trouble. It's not only the cut for the slide release but the interaction with the detent on the left side.

There was a mfg out there who made an entirely left-hand 1911A1. One of the guys I shoot Bullseye with has one. The problem is, EVERYTHING is left handed so gettting parts can be a real pain; grips, safety, extractor, etc. I believe they only made around 200 of them. He's sort of happy with it, but realizes for Bullseye, a right hand pistol would have worked just fine.

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    yeah, i mean, the science of it sounds right but the actual mechanics of making it is what i'm debating, i'm gonna shoot an email to a buddy of mine who is friends with Virgil Tripp, see what he says, i appreciate the input

Top Bottom