left_lane_bandit.png
    ARJ Defense ad

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Feign passing on the right, they either speed up or don't, either way you're now driving faster.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Oh, I got around them... just saw all the gun stickers and figured it is one of the cranky old bastards on here. Saw someone else passing them on the right in my rear view, so they didn't even wake up after I passed.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    It summertime so it's amateur season in the airports and on the highway. Not that people don't do it all year long, it's just worse in the summer.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Quoted for truth...

My favorite is the ones driving slow (speed limit) in the fast lane, but then speed up when you try to go around them on the right.
    My favorite (sarcasm) was driving in Florida, person in front, right lane, is going 5 miles under the speed limit. You figure you have plenty of time to pass, couple miles. You go to pass them on the left and just as you get to the end of their car they speed up and no matter if you speed up more, they do too. I tell everyone Floridians take there driving test in Daytona. That scenario happened more times then I could count.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    None of you guys have experienced the mentally challenged until you see a car with Washington plates. Easy rider doesn't miss it coming from Portland. ;)

My favorite was a gal merging onto the interstate with her back turned to traffic in order to try hiding the fact she was texting. Yup. Both hands off the wheel. I have passed on the right once in a blue moon but I hate it and it was when somepnes jerking it in the fast lane and refuses to get over. Though nothing makes me shake my head at people like the ones who pass on the right with zero consideration to truckers. I have spent a lot of time towing/industrial work and I do what I can to help a trucker out. But those same people are the same ones that ride like one inch from the rear of a trailer. We live in a world of stupid. Everything is automatic. None of these kids know what wide angle/tow mirrors are. Most people can't drive with just mirrors. Most don't even adjust once in a different rig. No one understand if you fallow too close and can't stop You're kind of dead. Nothing screams this country has a problem like seeing these people drive.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I guess you haven't experienced the truck drivers of the Permian Basin. Now I come from a trucker family, many of my uncles and grandfather were truckers on my dad's side, and I do have a lot of consideration for the long distance truckers, but the truckers around here, many really shouldn't be driving trucks. Most here have very little consideration for anyone else on the road. They will pull out into traffic knowing that cars will have to avoid them or bear the worst of an accident. They will often see you coming and move into the left lane to pass another truck even though you could have passed and gotten ahead if they would have waited a few seconds more. Seldom do they move over enough in the lane so that you can see ahead to know if it's safe to pass, you often have to move into the oncoming lane just to see. Many rarely use their turn signals.

Pretty much I employ the same skills driving a car here as I do my motorcycle, I watch everyone, and trust no one.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    In this regard, CA ain’t as bad as Texas.

Nearly everyone in SoCal is in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom