• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Me???????????????? Well shit. Somebody check me I must have a fever. :rolleyes:

I know it's sarcasm.....I'm the queen of sarcasm. My Momma gene just perked up a bit
    don't mind me. Lol

Well, yer Momma gene was WAY behind my Daddy gene! I get the dark humor, but being a Dad AND a Grandpa of girls, you get a different "take" on this kinda stuff sometimes, especially if the question is asked in earnest. Then again, you gotta wonder about her parents. When my baby girl was hit on by a mid-30's guy at work, he got a VERY quick and blunt visit from me, and had NO doubts as to the results of ANY further attempts on his part. That kinda stuff just makes me see red.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Huh.......If she's of legal age it's not an issue. I would ask though how y'all would
    feel if it was your daughter or sister. Would you still be saying he was lucky then?

IMO, it's no one else's business as long as all involved are of legal age, however; my daughters aren't allowed to date EVER if I had my way. Lol

sent from deep space

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    NOW yer talkin'!! Heck - given her age, what does Momma look like?!???

frog-facepalm-300x225.jpg

Lol.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As usual, I'm probably a little out of step.

My mom was 15 and my dad 30 when they met. She pursued him relentlessly and he ran away for a couple of years but she eventually caught him. They were the happiest, most crazy-about-each-other couple I've ever known. When I was little, my older sister told me that I was never to go into their bedroom when they were moving furniture. Well, dang it, they were moving furniture, complete with audible groans and thumping, 3 or 4 times a week even after they'd been married for 25 years! I don't know when I actually figured out what was going on. ;)

Both of them used to be tickled pink when they'd go shopping and the saleslady would tell my mom "Your father sure is nice to you!" ;) It happened more than once. And once, the saleslady used the term "grandfather".

Personally, I've dated women more than 20 years older than me and much less than half my age. I like the idea that the person I'm with will look at every situation differently than I do, a condition that comes most reliably from generational differences. Nothing works better to keep boredom at bay.

When I see vast age differences, well, as long as no laws are being broken I have no problem with it.

To the OP: Your co-worker isn't violating the law and the dynamics of any particular relationship cannot be known to an outsider. Forget about it.

To everyone else: my parents, the ones who taught me that any two people willing to work at a relationship could make it work, no matter the difference in their age, race, religion, economic background, or anything else:

Couple-8x10001.jpg

God, I miss those two.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The rule of thumb I have always used is; 'Half my age + 7 years'.

The effect of the age difference vs. maturity solves itself as we grow older.

Worked when I was younger, works pretty good now.

Never been quite that lucky, Curtis.

Well, I know some guys, that know some other guys, that used to talk about dove hunting in south Texas back in the day when it was safer to cross the border to boys town that could tell you some stories......................:rolleyes:

Top Bottom