• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Can we sticky this... this is full of great info...

Probalby not, this is a gun board remember
    AnimatedGIF-ROFLMOASmiley.gif
    DK Firearms

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    One of the funniest threads in a long time, especially since it didn't start out to be funny. I get the OP's point, but yeah it's legal and this is a Jerry Springer world we live in.

My guess is that the guy will live to regret having such a young girlfriend. I've known a few similar cases and they've always turned out badly.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    This thread has turned into something truly amazing.

My female coworkers call me a pig for dating 18-20 year olds and I'm only 25. You old farts make me look like a saint.

Honestly I dont see an issue with it as long as a certain level of maturity and understanding is reached. I'm not going to pretend that an 18 year old girl is as mature as me but she is mature enough to understand what is going on. I've dated a woman 13 years my senior and nobody squawked about me being taken advantage of. These young girls are far from innocent.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Sorry TXI forgot you were in the conversation or I would have been a whole lot more detailed in my response to ben. I figured that my reply would be taken as to addressing his lighthearted statement about my rule of thumb and a 18 year old getting in trouble if he/she nailed a 16 year old. (I even mentioned that in my post.)

If I had remembered you were involved in this thread I would have tried to cover all possible scenarios, here in the US, other countries, other planets, etc including the possibility of a 3 year old being prosecuted for having sex with a one year old to make my point clear to specifically you........

So you leave out an important detail and I am the knucklehead. I see. Hyperbole aside, a 16 year old boy could get into real trouble for having sex with his 13 year old girlfriend, even though they are only 3 years apart.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    sorry i am late to this thread, just woke up. being a dad of a 19 yo daughter. If a guy that much older was hitting on my daughter, you bet i would have a conversation with him. imo its just wrong. personally, i wouldnt ever go out with someone that much young. We would have nothing in common

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We would have nothing in common
    That's where I'm weird. I like having nothing in common. It makes a relationship interesting, fun, challenging. To that end, I've dated women who were younger, older, black, Chinese, deaf, atheist, and more, all with the notion that they would challenge my views and force me to really think.

Like I said, I'm weird.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That's where I'm weird. I like having nothing in common. It makes a relationship interesting, fun, challenging. To that end, I've dated women who were younger, older, black, Chinese, deaf, atheist, and more, all with the notion that they would challenge my views and force me to really think.

Like I said, I'm weird.

I dont know what it says about me but I like to date or sleep with different nationalities alot of the time. I find the differences in cultures very interesting and I love expanding my mind or experiences.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I dont know what it says about me but I like to date or sleep with different nationalities alot of the time. I find the differences in cultures very interesting and I love expanding my mind or experiences.

All I like to be relatively certain of is that they are breathing....

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney

Like I said, I'm weird.
    to each his own

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Like I said, I'm weird.

Depends on your goal in the relationship. I would never advise someone seriously date someone with different values.

If all you want to do is have fun with people, then I would be less selective. In this "modern age," casual relationships are frequently sexual relationships. Just realize that birth control is only 92%/year effective in preventing pregnancy if taken properly, condoms much worse, and you could be rearing a child with someone who's values are completely contradictory than yours. . . . . or you could abstain from sex (which is crazy, I know).

I haven't been married that long, but as soon as I became a mature adult, I stopped casual dating. I didn't waste time on people whom I wouldn't marry.

That being said, I find the general immaturity of people even 6 years younger than me to be unbearably.

Top Bottom