ARJ Defense ad

Legally Carrying Sword & Dagger? (Pursuant to 46.15 / 46.02 discussion)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Consulted with an attorney. If the item is legally owned it can be legally carried on private property with consent of owner. Remember we're talking private property.

I consulted with an attorney too, he said No. Tell you what, ask your attorney to show the law that allows private property owners to allow someone to carry a sword on the owner's property. I can show you the law that prohibits it.

Texas Penal Code 46.02.
    Lynx Defense

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Gee whiz, testy when shown to be incorrect
    Oh and if you look back to your quote of 46.02 you will find you answered your own question.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    That is incorrect. The law makes it unlawful to carry a sword on on about your person unless you are on your own premises or premises under your control, or enroute to or in a motor vehicle that you own or that is under your control. There are other small exceptions, but none are "if the property owner gives permission".

Penal Code 46.02
    Or so it states

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Legally Carrying Sword & Dagger? (Pursuant to 46.15 / 46.02 discussion)

We use a dagger to sacrifice virgins at our service to the dark lord but as a DPS trooper splained to us, the dagger is covered under our religious right. All sacrificed virgins must sign a consent form to be stabbed and bled dry. Why do you think it is gonna rain today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Come on out to my farm, you can watch me shoot on my range. I have a legally owned Ma Deuce. But you can't shoot it because even though we're on my property, I can't give you permission to shoot it. That's because if I carried it off of my property it could be illegal. You don't have the proper license to shoot someone else's gun. My back hurts but you can't carry my gun back to my house because its my property and its private. Thus LE would jump out of the bushes and arrest you for carrying my gun.
    There is a difference between public and private property.
    You're a cop, and you have heard from neighbors that I have swords in my house. One day you see me in my yard and decide to talk to me. I tell you to pound salt and get off my property and walk away. Why can't you run up an in my door when I open it to go inside? Or once I'm in the house you run around and look in all my windows. Because its private property. Next day you see me dressed in white and wearing a mask. In my back yard. And another person dressed much the same. We appear to be fencing, fighting with swords. Are you going to come on my property and ask the other guy, whose sword are you holding? When he says the equipment and sword belong to me. Are you going to arrest him for carry of that sword. Nope, BECAUSE THE SWORDS ARE NOT ILLEGAL AND NEITHER IS CARRY OF THEM ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. There are shopping centers that teach fencing. There neither fencer owns the sword but the store owner or his representative gives the students permission to carry swords on his property. In someone's world the other students standing around holding swords are criminals in waiting.
    And for the OP. You and your buds are trying out your costumes for the Renascence Festival. In full armor with sword and mace you walk around your yard.txinvestigator would have you arrested for your tour of the yard. Even though you are just determining if you can stand to be dressed in that manner while you are legally at the festival. Where he would expect all the attendees to be arrested because you don't own the festival you only purchased the right to carry a sword there.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The reason all the various cops @ the renfest don't shake people with daggers, swords, battle axes, pike & etc. is because the guy paying them big money on their side job says not to.

I've worked the renfest 19 years & the cops that work inside the park are pretty laid back about taking people to jail. Get blitzed out drunk and they take your keys & say when your sober enough to find you keys you can go. Now be shit faced & want to fight your going to get a beat down & go to jail. All them weapons are to be peace tied. Cop notice it aint he will tie it for you. Pull that weapon ina threating manor & your going to jail.

Top Bottom