• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t-rav

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I currently have a 100-300 yard rifle range at my house. Currently in the process of building steel targets for a pistol/rifle course. I have a couple plinker set ups, and a few steel reactive targets that I near final completion.

I would like to know if all I have to do is have some sort waiver signed by the persons who would want to shoot it to cover myself. I have a few friends that are going to help and want to shoot there. If anyone can give me some insight into protection needed if I were to allow more than just friends shoot at my range.

Thanks
    Travis
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Like most things, if you are going to make a profit (or charge at all) on it, you are in a world of hassle. Insurance is the biggest and most expensive thing you will need.

I have a private range at my place also, but have never charged anyone to shoot on it. As long as you have good backstops and generally more than 10 acres, it is legal. Your bullets can't cross a public road or property line. In my neck of the woods, no matter how much the neighbors complain, there is nothing the law can or will do to stop it. Ask me how I know that.

Also, if it isn't pouring rain when you shoot, avoid tracers. They will start even mildly damp grass on fire. Ask me how I know that also.

t-rav

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I just want to build it for me and my friends and family for fun and practice mostly. It will be on 80 acres. If they want to tip me thats fine with me.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I have shot on a private range that was no charge, but the owner did have all present sign a liability waiver. It just makes sense. Money can easily turn a friend!

Top Bottom