• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Damn this sucks as I had thought I found a decent source of ammo.

Also I noticed their phone number is in Austin but their shipping is from Wyoming.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

We have a service station in my home county that refuses to take CASH but will accept a personal check IF they know you.

Also DANTE & LUIGI'S (A nice/BIG Italian restaurant in South Philly) won't take credit/debit cards but DOES take personal checks, including "out of state" personal checks. = GREAT PLACE to eat, if you are in Philadelphia & people who are Carrying Concealed are WELCOME there too.

yours, satx

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I too don't understand the refusal of cash.

If this ever happened to me they'd be SOL.

I'd wait for LE if they insisted they wouldn't accept cash as payment for my meal.

I doubt LE would be pleased with the restaurant's ridiculous payment policy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To All,

We have a service station in my home county that refuses to take CASH but will accept a personal check IF they know you.

Also DANTE & LUIGI'S (A nice/BIG Italian restaurant in South Philly) won't take credit/debit cards but DOES take personal checks, including "out of state" personal checks. = GREAT PLACE to eat, if you are in Philadelphia & people who are Carrying Concealed are WELCOME there too.

yours, satx

What is the name of this service station in your home county BTW?

Be interesting to ask them their reasons for not taking cash.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I too don't understand the refusal of cash.

If this ever happened to me they'd be SOL.

I'd wait for LE if they insisted they wouldn't accept cash as payment for my meal.

I doubt LE would be pleased with the restaurant's ridiculous payment policy.

benenglish; mowingmaniac24/67.

Billie Craig said that they were sick of having weapons PULLED on their employees by robbers, so they simply now refuse to accept CASH at all at their gas station BUT DO TAKE personal checks & debit/credit cards & posted a PROMINENT sign to that effect.

DANTE & LUIGI'S has NEVER in over 7 decades accepted credit/debit cards but DO take all personal checks.
    (I cannot say if it is true for everybody but I was never asked to even show a DL to pay with a VA check there.)

yours, satx

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The usual excuse for not taking cash has to do with being robbed. What's there to steal if there is no cash in the store.
    I can't remember the last time I wrote a check

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    In Houston at least, restaurants quickly learn to not take checks. Only takes a week or two, the bad check writers must have a network. I've not seen a check taking joint in over 30 years.

We haven't written checks in almost ten years now. Many of our bills are electronically drafted from our checking account and we use either pre-paid credit cards and cash for just about everything else.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    If you spend much time looking you'll find tons of discrepancies. Houston phone number. Shipping map shows Wyoming. Then there was this review with a different company name...

"Happy Customer
    I’ve bought numerous firearms, ammo, and collectible items thru Firearms World, and I have always been very happy with the service
    Jack Hunter / New York"

Plus a lot of reviews from NY and NJ. No offense but that seems unlikely. Then they put "USD" in front of the price. Seems odd given the difficulty of exporting.

Totally bogus.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I have to run across quite a few cashiers who would be the poster child for not taking cash at a business.
    They cannot count change back even when the register tells them how much to give you back.
    Not taking cash might also help reduce employees skimming money from the register.
    I am not condoning not taking cash, but I can understand it in certain circumstances.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I like the gyrations some folks go through when the bill is 8.05 and you hand them 10.10 cause they already hit the 10.00 or exact amount button

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I like the gyrations some folks go through when the bill is 8.05 and you hand them 10.10 cause they already hit the 10.00 or exact amount button
    I like the gyrations some folks go through when the bill is 8.05 and you hand them a 5, two 2s, and a nickel.

I have no idea how many times I've had to tell people "Just give me back a dollar and everything will be right." Seriously, I give people an amount designed to make it easy for them to hand me back just a couple of whole bills and they can't figure it out.

I grieve, sometimes, for our kids. Then I realize how much they grieve for me that I can't type texts at super-speed with that slide/pause/slide style of typing and I figure it all evens out in the long run.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom