• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    As some of you may know I've had my USP compact for about 12 years and it's the DA/SA version. Well about 4 years again I got myself a P2000SK with the LEM trigger and fell in love with the trigger. The P2000SK was the LEM heavy but with a couple spring swaps it's now the LEM light and it's IMO the perfect DAO trigger pull. I finally got around to swapping out my USP's DA/SA to the LEM tonight. I've detail stripped many of my other handguns but was kinda scared to detail strip this the USPc. I read the instructions about 50 times plus did quite a bit of reading on HKPro about the conversion and figured I'd give it a shot. It wasn't near as bad as I thought, took me about an hour and I only had it together/apart about 10 times before I got it right.
    redface.gif
    So anyone thinking about doing this themselves, if you're mechanical inclined at all about handguns don't be scared to do this one yourself.
    Military Camp

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I dont have the LEM in my USP, but Ive detail stripped it twice and totally agree. Its like a test. Test of patience. Like any test, get a good nights rest before, a good breakfast and a clear head before attempting. Lol. Deep breaths and a calm hand definitely help as well. Study those sites too. Id have been up the creek otherwise.

Toothpick helped to line up the pivots btw. But Ill use the Glock tool for it next time. Its due for another next year.

Does the LEM shorten the trigger reach at all? Thats the only real problem I have with mine. The trigger in DA is just a touch too far.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Well, I ended up putting 100 rounds through it Friday and as I figured it functioned 100%. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but this USPc is almost boring to shoot cause it's so reliable and accurate no matter what I do to it. I just might have to get another 1911 or Hi-Point so I can practice different malfunction drills.
    biggrin.gif

Top Bottom