• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Law Enforcement Think Tank Gives 9 Key Recommendations On How To Prevent 'Gun Violence'

"
    6. Reducing the carnage: Limit the availability of high-powered firearms.

Limit the capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds. Police Executive Research Form.

• Ban the sale and importation of bump stocks.

Ban the future sale and importation of military-style weapons that have no purpose except to kill large numbers of people as quickly as possible."

https://townhall.com/notebook/bethb...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

Hurley's Gold

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    Not impressed with this article and their recommendations. The article completely ignores the root causes that contribute to gun violence.

Until public policies, political correctness, social justice attitudes, personal responsibility and accountability from politicians, administrators, parents, adolescents and adults are addressed. Going after law-abiding and responsible gun owners is not going to solve these school shootings or the gang violence in places like Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Not impressed with this article and their recommendations. The article completely ignores the root causes that contribute to gun violence.

Until public policies, political correctness, social justice attitudes, personal responsibility and accountability from politicians, administrators, parents, adolescents and adults are addressed. Going after law-abiding and responsible gun owners is not going to solve these school shootings or the gang violence in places like Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of the 'Free world' (I use that term loosely) no longer has access to guns, but the gun violence has not been stopped and violence by knife is out of control. The most violent group we have in the US is MS 13 and their weapon of choice is the machete.

Bad people do bad things and there is not shortage of bad people.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    The organization they're referring to is PERF... they are a group of LE "Executives" (translation: elitists) from large URBAN police forces (translation: liberal enclaves).

This isn't the first time they've had "recommendations" that look like they were written by that horny moms group.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This article is akin to:
    The solution to end drunk driving is to restrict everyone’s access to cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly! Nothing they have stated prevents anything, it only limits those that would follow such laws.

343Gatter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2015
    Most of the 'Free world' (I use that term loosely) no longer has access to guns, but the gun violence has not been stopped and violence by knife is out of control. The most violent group we have in the US is MS 13 and their weapon of choice is the machete.

Bad people do bad things and there is not shortage of bad people.
    The irony of it is that it is US policies which removed firearms from the hands of citizens in every country the US has occupied and meddled in, which is a lot of countries.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    The irony of it is that it is US policies which removed firearms from the hands of citizens in every country the US has occupied and meddled in, which is a lot of countries.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Not so much I don't think unless you have some data points to back that. Yes in the case of Japan. What has done it is the UN Small Arms Treaty which we did not sign onto, but most other countries did and it takes away private firearms ownership and puts it in the hands of military, govt and LEO's..

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Should be re-written:

1, to fallow the constitution and protect communities from losers.

2, to ban gun free zones and arrest anyone who attempts to enact laws that ban or limit the sale of any firearm, ammunition, or accessories.

3, the department shall issue drug dealer and crackhead hunting/execution permits upon further evidence.

4, no licence to carry laws shall be enforced.

5, old department weapons will be donated to the user sam7sf at TGT.

I think this is really what they need to do!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    From the article, the last line.

Special attention should be given to researching the recommendations made in this report

The they might realize that part of the recommendations are already law, although unenforced.
    And that none of the other recommendations have helped or been proven beneficial where they have been instituted.
    Same lame answers that don't work except for those that choose to follow the laws anyway.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And what the hell is the "domestic abuser boyfriend loophole"???

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

According to USAToday....

ww.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/27/advocates-see-opening-tougher-gun-control-laws-those-guilty-domestic-violence/361226002/

Federal law prohibits spouses and certain boyfriends and girlfriends convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes or under final domestic violence restraining orders from having guns. But without state laws that give state and local authorities the power to enforce the prohibitions, the federal requirements are toothless, critics say.

What exactly are "certain boyfriend/girlfriends? I'm assuming one's who co-habitate with the victim.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    The term 'gun violence' was coined by the anti-gun folks to make it sound like guns are a problem. I don't know why pro-gun folks don't recognize that and not use that term.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    All other kinds of violence are ok though.

Of course, one of the *big* problems is the fact the victim in domestic domicile cases won’t press or participate in charges being brought against the abuser.

Police: “Ma’m, what about that black eye? What about your busted lip? And how ‘bout that bloody nose?”

The little lady: “I TOLD YOU, I fell down the stairs.”

Cop: “But ma’m, there are no stairs in your house.”

The little lady: “I MEANT I tripped and fell....I hit the door handle on the way down.”

Cop: “Do you want to go the hospital to check for concussion or to see if your jaw is broken?”

The little lady: “NO, damn it.... now leave me alone! Where is Jake? You’re not taking him with you, are you? He ain’t done nothin’ wrong!”

Top Bottom