• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    I'm a retired Customs Inspector/CBP Officer and retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer. Instead of CHL I have opted to maintain my qualification to carry, concealed, under the Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act. Unlike the Texas CHL the authorization for the LEOSA carry requires annual certification. The company I used last year for this wasn't available (my qual was going to expire on 6/30) so I opted to use the "Tactical Safety Institute" located in the Greater San Antonio area.(www.tacsafe.com)

They are located on Nachadoces Road near Loop 1604 and I-35. They also conduct CHL Classes and other firearms courses of instruction.

Yesterday it was up at 0600 for me (and heck I'm retired so it's early OK) and showed up there at 0745 for their LEOSA Carry qualification course of fire. There were just two of us; after a quick brief we dove from the Bracken Gun Shop (where TSI is located) to Bracken Shooting Ranges for the shooting portion.

The LEOSA Qualification course is almost identical to the CHL Qual Course with the following exception(s) during one stage a reload is required as is using "duty" ammo to shoot with. Cost was $30; upon completion we were given a wallet sized ID Card that shows currency under LEOSA.

As I said they also conduct CHL qualification courses and their were probably 20 people ready to take that class as we left for the range.

TSI did an excellent job conducting the required training; I am now certified for another year and can carry concealed in every state. I also registered with TCOLE and will submit my renewal for their plastic credit card sized LEOSA ID.
    Hurley's Gold

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I need to get a part time job with a Sheriff's office so I can "retire" and get me one of those.

I hate leaving my czechnology behind when I go to Manhattan. lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Interesting.
    I reckon that means you are able to carry anywhere a LEO is, like inside a school, for instance?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I need to get a part time job with a Sheriff's office so I can "retire" and get me one of those.

I hate leaving my czechnology behind when I go to Manhattan. lol
    As an active peace officer you would be able to carry in all 50 states.

I have thought about going back to an academy just for this reason,( and working for a constables office part time) but I am too libertarian to be an effective peace officer.

Top Bottom