• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    The last two comments :D

Not sure what I would do, but pulling a weapon would be a last resort.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This situation happened to me just before I got my CHL. I posted this a while back but it seems appropriate so I'll post it again.

Bonnie and I were walking to the Wally World door from our vehicle. There was a major commotion north of us in the parking lot. Seven WW employees were chasing a fairly large black man and raising Hell as they ran after him. They ran north then doubled back south towards us running down the rows of parked cars. We saw the row of cars the group was running down so I said to Bonnie "Watch this!"

I lined myself up with the row he was running down. There was no way he could avoid me as the group was behind him, the row of cars funneled him directly to me and there I was............blocking his way.

When he got to me, I hit him as hard as I could and knocked him onto the hood of a car that was cruising down the aisle. The WW employee group caught up with him and captured him. They brought him into the store and later, as Bonnie and I were leaving, the checkout lady told us the guy had been trying to cash stolen checks and bolted out of the store.

Here's what I learned from stepping up and doing what I thought was my civic duty:
    The Wally World people never even said "Thank you". They hauled him away and never said a word to me.
    I am lucky that I wasn't sued by the felon for knocking the crap out of him!
    I'm lucky that I wasn't sued for denting the hood of the car where the guy landed after I hit him. That lady took off!
    It was before I had my CHL but I would absolutely NOT have pulled my gun to stop this guy. Not a chance!
    It was my perception that he was an escaping felon. What if he turned out to be the winner of a friendly foot race between WW employees? Perhaps he was simply the leader of the group! I'd be in trouble!

I'm glad that I intervened. I'm glad that they never spoke to me. If the felon knew my name, he'd probably sue me. Nothing positive happened to me because I did this. Lots of negative things COULD have happened to me because I did this.

I won't do it again.........I promise!

Flash

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I would be a good witness.

Putting yourself into a situation(especially at Wal-Mart!) that might escalate into deadly force will not go well for you.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I like the fetal position plan. Might crap myself too just for good measure.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Sorry for being away and not finishing this out. It's been a busy week at the office. At any rate, what you may find interesting to know about the events described in this incident is that when the cars were out of the way, our "hero" was met with the image of the he saw running chasing after a small child who'd broken away from his mother (the woman) and was running across the parking lot, toward the street. Again, the point of the story and the exercise is determining whether or not you actually have enough information to act or whether or not continued observation might be what's warranted rather than direct action.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Sorry for being away and not finishing this out. It's been a busy week at the office. At any rate, what you may find interesting to know about the events described in this incident is that when the cars were out of the way, our "hero" was met with the image of the he saw running chasing after a small child who'd broken away from his mother (the woman) and was running across the parking lot, toward the street. Again, the point of the story and the exercise is determining whether or not you actually have enough information to act or whether or not continued observation might be what's warranted rather than direct action.

90% of the time that's the case. People's first reaction to just about anything out of the ordinary is to freak out. Getting raped? Freak out. New flavor of slushee at 7-Eleven? Freak out. Lost a child? Freak out. Found a $100 bill? Freak out. Woman going into labor? Freak out. Best advice is to think fast, react slow.

It's good advice when answering wife questions too.

Top Bottom