• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Being new to Texas, gates on driveways are kind of new to me. Pretty much everyone in the country has a gate, whether they have animals or not. I don’t really understand it, but my wife has insisted that we have one.

So where is the gate store? Is it somewhere between the cross store, and the star store? Which I can’t find either. After looking at houses for 6 + months, and seeing that every house has at least 72 crosses on every wall, I know there is a cross store. I know I’m new here, and I think the location might be a secret, but, help a brother out, please.

Gates and openers, where and how much is this going to cost me?

Spend my money, GO!
    ARJ Defense ad

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Not many people have gates on their home driveway here in Indiana. You see them once in a while but I wouldn't call it regular. I never had one either until the COVID pandemic. I'd thought about it for years and just got motivated.

All mine is, is just a rock on each side of the drive and a log about half again as long as the drive is wide. Drilled a hole in the log and through the rock and hammered a piece of rebar through both to kind of pin the log to the rock so it don't roll off when you open or close it and the extra length hanging off the end on the other side of the pin balances it a little so it isn't so heavy to open and close. Thing is only about a couple feet off the ground.

Putting it up, my first thought is this isn't going to stop any one but a Jehova's witness from coming up this drive way. Most often heard comment was "You really think that will stop people from coming up?"

Let me tell you, people are LAZY and they are STUPID. They can't figure out the rope is the handle on the loose end. They are afraid of knocking it over. They figure any one who has a log across his driveway isn't too interested in random visitors. I actually had the county sheriff stop and leave his car on the other side and start walking up the drive way. Of course the dog barked and I went out to meet him about half way to the house. Wrong house, he wanted the neighbor next drive west of me.

It works great, everything I wanted it to be and it was completely FREE. Even the wife and daughter are used to it by now and at least open it for their selves and will close it if I'm driving when we all leave together.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    My neighbor up the road just built one for his neighbor across the street... its pretty bad ass. I'll see if I can't get a picture tomorrow. There are shops that have laser cutters... that's how part of my gate was done. For the opener Tractor Supply sells the kits with a solar panel.

My place came with a gate that the local metal shop kids built & auctioned off. I have a opener, just need to put it on to keep the riff raff out...lol.

20200301_153943.jpg

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I have power from my well house within 50’ or so of where the gate will be. I’d like a battery back up for when the power is out though.

Top Bottom