• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well yeah, they're jackass's ... we're talking about just crusin around.

Just cruising down the county roads, I haven't a problem with. But these are juveniles and grown idiots riding full blast as fast as the can in front of my house. I have suspicions the neighbors next door are intoxicated as well.

I ride my golf cart up and down the road as well. My road legal comes from the fact that it barely gets over 13 mph top end speed, and I have a "Slow Moving Vehicle" placard on the rear.
    Military Camp

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If your paying for your own tires, who cares.

It's like telling me I shouldn't shoot my guns because ammo is hard to find or expensive. If I'm paying for it, who's business is it what I do with my money.
    It’s not the money, with stock tires it drives like shit on paved roads. Rides great on off road, turf, mud, grass, whatever. Maybe there are tires that do well on roads and off roads. I use mine on off road and it goes anywhere. My F250 4 wheel drive takes us to those off road spots. Get a golf cart if you want to ride streets.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I can imagine knobby tires don't have much control on pavement.
    But there is bound to be someplace selling street tires for them.
    At least a type more suitable for say a 50/50 mix of on/off road.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It’s not the money, with stock tires it drives like shit on paved roads. Rides great on off road, turf, mud, grass, whatever. Maybe there are tires that do well on roads and off roads. I use mine on off road and it goes anywhere. My F250 4 wheel drive takes us to those off road spots. Get a golf cart if you want to ride streets.

If you got huge paddle mud tires like on some of the lifted buggies I've seen at the mud parks, yeah I can see them driving like crap on the road. His tires are pretty tame, I have similar tires on my buggy & have no issues.
    It's not like we're trying run a road course. Cruising 20-25 mph on blacktop ain't nothing.

Just like the mud tires on trucks aren't the best for roads, but how many lifted trucks do you see running 75-80 down the road & the tires humming. You can even hear the slap of the tread sometimes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Last night after sitting on the front porch watching the fireworks drinking beers I went in took a shower and decided to go to bed. About 11:45 the caravan of UTV’s started. About 7 of them in a row cruising the neighborhood with their loud ass country music playing !

During the day time most of the UTV traffic is old women. I have noticed more older women then men out here. We had one older chick bring use a cake after we first moved in. She was pretty hot! Not in a Texasgordo picture, but for her age even I was checking out that ass.

My guess a lot of these weekenders are older widow women. The house kitty corner from mine I know the lady recently lost her husband, I even mentioned to the wife that I thought a lot of these old blisters are out cruising for Wiener!

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I can imagine knobby tires don't have much control on pavement.
    But there is bound to be someplace selling street tires for them.
    At least a type more suitable for say a 50/50 mix of on/off road.

I grew up in the country riding dirt bikes, 3 wheelers & 4 wheelers. We would use the roads to go from one buddies neighborhood to another. Sometimes there were trails we could use to cut across, but mostly rode on the streets or shoulder of the road. I had a 3 wheeler & my buddies had dirt bikes & 4 wheelers... we would always swap & ride each other's machines. The only issues riding on paved roads is the hum of the tires & they get worn down easily. They still stop, turn & go just as a car. It's not like riding street bike, with street tires on dirt with no traction. Rubber on concrete or blacktop sticks with nobby tires, just like mud tires on trucks. Turning off the blacktop onto my dirt driveway on my SXS my tires will slide & push dirt in the turn...same with 4 wheelers. When riding on the road... concrete or blacktop & making a turn, they stick & don't slide... just like a car or truck.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One of the biggest issues of running off-road tires on the street, is they make more road noise and most are made from softer compounds so they will wear quicker on harder surfaces like concrete and asphalt.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I grew up in the country riding dirt bikes, 3 wheelers & 4 wheelers. We would use the roads to go from one buddies neighborhood to another. Sometimes there were trails we could use to cut across, but mostly rode on the streets or shoulder of the road. I had a 3 wheeler & my buddies had dirt bikes & 4 wheelers... we would always swap & ride each other's machines. The only issues riding on paved roads is the hum of the tires & they get worn down easily. They still stop, turn & go just as a car. It's not like riding street bike, with street tires on dirt with no traction. Rubber on concrete or blacktop sticks with nobby tires, just like mud tires on trucks. Turning off the blacktop onto my dirt driveway on my SXS my tires will slide & push dirt in the turn...same with 4 wheelers. When riding on the road... concrete or blacktop & making a turn, they stick & don't slide... just like a car or truck.

Ah, ok.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Seriously, the tires on these things do not do well on roads. They are off road machines.
    My friend put DOT approved tires on his. The website I linked does recommend/require that. Montana requires it so they tell you about it. You have to meet all the Montana requirements.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    If your paying for your own tires, who cares.

It's like telling me I shouldn't shoot my guns because ammo is hard to find or expensive. If I'm paying for it, who's business is it what I do with my money.
    LOL. Let me introduce you to my Uncle Sam. Apparently you haven't met him yet.

Top Bottom