• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It wouldn't be a big deal to leave it at my place... i got the space....as long as he leaves me the key.

Hell, i done told him if closing falls through he can pull up where my camper is parked & id have a neighbor for a bit....lol.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It wouldn't be a big deal to leave it at my place... i got the space....as long as he leaves me the key.

Hell, i done told him if closing falls through he can pull up where my camper is parked & id have a neighbor for a bit....lol.
    How’s the mud around Ezeville? Your pad show any erosion?

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    How’s the mud around Ezeville? Your pad show any erosion?

The fronts pretty good. I pulled dirt from out back, by the creek to put down around the pad. The dirt at the back of the pad has the most slope, even after putting dirt on it. It washed most the dirt i put down over the weekend, the last 3 days of rain. I was talking to mama about getting some sod down for the back.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The fronts pretty good. I pulled dirt from out back, by the creek to put down around the pad. The dirt at the back of the pad has the most slope, even after putting dirt on it. It washed most the dirt i put down over the weekend, the last 3 days of rain. I was talking to mama about getting some sod down for the back.

I bet a gutter would help that a ton. Would also give you an avenue to collect rainwater. My daughter did that and watered all her plants using that water. All her barrels overflowed since they get a ton of rain.

Had a friend do that and installed a large tank (2 or 3K gallons) and used it for the house water, Everything but drinking. He had a pump setup so it maintained level water pressure. if they tank go too low we could switch a valve and he was back on the local water supply.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Erosion matting if you can find it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Aka dont buy any of the chinesium trash at bass pro or cabelas. Those things are overpriced shitboxes. Shame Tracker put their name on them

Tracker didn't put their name on them. Bass Pro/Cabelas made a deal with Textron to private label the Arctic Cat (made and owned by Textron) as their own Tracker brand.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Tracker didn't put their name on them. Bass Pro/Cabelas made a deal with Textron to private label the Arctic Cat (made and owned by Textron) as their own Tracker brand.

Good to know. Are new arctic cats good as the old ones? I have heard that textron is garbage

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The ones you need to watch are the homedepot/Lowe’s/etc off branded stuff.

I researched them a lot when looking and the main issues seemed to be parts availability as mentioned earlier in the thread. They aren’t necessarily garbage out the door (though many are pretty underpowered) but if ANYTHING breaks, aside from an off the shelf bearing going out, you’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A lot of the Chinese ATV's and such, are knock-offs, and are not anywhere as good as the models they are copying. As mentioned, there is a huge disconnect between the consumer and the factory support if something fails and needs to be replaced, because there essentially isn't any support in being able to get parts.

Most people buy them because they are cheaper that the big brands. You get what you pay for. Check out Craigslist and you will see people trying to dump them all the time. Trying to recoup some of their money.

Best advice I can give on the Chinese equipment, steer clear of it.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Good to know. Are new arctic cats good as the old ones? I have heard that textron is garbage

Textron also owns Polaris!
    My 2010 550 H1 Arctic Cat ATV has always been a great machine. It will foul a plug every now and then, but that's mainly from setting unused for long periods.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Well, the search finally ended this week. On Wednesday, stopped in at Ride Now, in Forney, and they had just got in a Can Am Defender HD8. Total base model, with the mid size engine. Went back to the house to get the trailer, and brought it home. Would have preferred the power steering model, but doesn’t seem to be an issue without it.
    FB3E70CB-8F0C-4731-A766-0E5F5FAA1EA3.jpeg

82746330-DEE2-4CE5-8BE0-99792962DBDC.jpeg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    [QUOTE="KJQ6945, post: 2361942, member: 38728Would have preferred the power steering model, but doesn’t seem to be an issue without it.
    [/QUOTE]

You won’t notice it. I think it’s only really needed on the big ones, or fir those with weak upper body (for whatever reason).

Top Bottom