Magnolia
    Wost local places I've eaten in Texas so far:

Its a four-way tie of disappointment:

Goodson's in Tomball
    Mel's in Tomball
    BBQ Hut in Magnolia
    Field Store BBQ

Worst fast food places I've found here?

Dairy Queen. Last time I ate from the Tomball store, I was shitting liquid for two days. The last three trips to the Woodland's Parkway locale has been met with liquid "ice cream" because either the machine is broken, or they don't give the "ice cream" mix time to solidify at all in the machine. There's a distinct difference between soft serve, and milk. They seem unable to understand that difference.

Dis-honorable mention goes to the Burger King over on Honea-Egypt for being above-averagely-disappointing by Burger King standards. -10/10 - recommend you stay far, far away from that mess.

On the flip side of the coins:

Whitehall Cafe was pretty amazing when we ate there. Best burger I've had yet.
    Then there was a Mexican joint somewhere between Hillsboro, Texas and Dallas that I cannot remember the name of that was likewise pretty damn impressive.

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    You sure you went to the right place? That sounds like Bill Miller, not the Salt Lick. I grew up in Driftwood so I know the Salt Lick pretty well.

Maybe the cook knew he was getting fired the next day or something.
    I'm wondering the same thing. I mean I haven't been there in almost 20 years. It was always good. Definitely more of a tourist spot.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Tex-Mex outside of Texas is generally bad, but I have family in Ruidoso NM that absolutely love this Mexican food place there, and we go everytime I visit. I just don't have the heart to tell them that it just flat out sucks.
    Real Mexican food in Santa Fe was just as bad for me. Tex-Mex is the way to go.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Back in the early 70's, there was a Mexican restaurant in Killeen that had great Mexican food. The cook was Japanese.
    And the best oriental place had mexican cooks too. Sadly they closed about 10 years ago. Best place to get Mexican food in Killeen now is Rosa's cafe. Ain't any oriental places left worth a damn. Maybe Hunan if they are still open. Wife won't eat there though, they are spicey. You would think that with the mix of orientals around Killeen there would be at least a decent hole in the wall place but there ain't.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A friend of mine wore a MAGA hat into a local Dickies. (Super nice guy, easy going, but unfortunately has passed away since this incident.) The manager screamed at him and cussed at him, finally chasing him out of the store, and then threatening him as he walked away. The food there is mediocre - at best - so it was very easy for me to never enter one of their stores again.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    A friend of mine wore a MAGA hat into a local Dickies. (Super nice guy, easy going, but unfortunately has passed away since this incident.) The manager screamed at him and cussed at him, finally chasing him out of the store, and then threatening him as he walked away. The food there is mediocre - at best - so it was very easy for me to never enter one of their stores again.
    Someone should pin that manager down and tattoo MAGA across his forehead.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'D BLAST THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA!IN SMALLER TOWNS SOCIAL MEDIA CAN MAKE OR BREAK A BUSINESS!

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine

Where did this occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom