Hurley's Gold

Let's help Katie have a great start in 2014! (Thoughts/Prayers for my Sister)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    RE: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/off-topic-chat/53277-thoughts-prayers-my-sister.html

Kind of odd timing so let me explain. I received a PM this morning asking what type of markers Katie could use for drawing. They went on to say *If that request has been filled let me know if she needs something else*. As things progressed, it was decided that donations would be more appropriate and to let Katie's family decide how she would be best served. This has all been discussed with Eddie (GlockOwner) and Katie's mom has already expressed her gratitude in advance.

Katie has some challenges before her but with good doctors and prayer, I have faith she will be well soon. In the mean time, we may be able to ease things just a little by putting a smile on a child's face.

Mailing address:
    Mountain View Community College
    c/o Eddie Salcido
    4849 W. Illinois Avenue
    Dallas, TX

PayPal donations:

vegeta_2786@yahoo.com

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    My aunts latest update about Katie: (a facebook post)
    This is Katie leaving the hospital after her 1st round of Chemo last Monday. She got nauseated alot & vomited some, but Children's is good about taking immediate action when this happens. We were supposed to come home Sunday, but they wanted to get Katie's pain under control before she left. Of course, like the strong girl she is, she handled it all like a champ!!!
    We stayed home on Christmas & had a wonderful time with just our family, but missed our extended family. Katie can not be around anyone who is sick or who has recently been sick. We went for her blood count today & it wasn't good. She has virtually no white blood cells:(
    Please pray for Katie's body to rejuvenate, & fight, she CAN'T get sick. I appreciate the calls & messages & I promise to get back to everyone. I've been trying to recuperate from the hospital stay & Christmas. Thank you for your continued prayers

1514160_784970208186597_1959750068_n.jpg

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    of course she'll have to go back for the next round, and i'll have to find out when her radiation starts. But yes, I am glad she is still well enough to go home between treatments!

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    UPDATE:

The treatments continue. A few days ago, Katie was battling an infection and high fever, but luckily that was quickly taken care of with some antibiotics. She has started to lose her hair and was pretty upset about that, because she really loved her hair. She got her first wig today, and it looks like she is digging it! We'll be having our christmas on Jan. 25th, and I can't wait to see her!

c07b3d7c74c911e3a14612d24ed1fd89_7.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    UPDATE:

The treatments continue. A few days ago, Katie was battling an infection and high fever, but luckily that was quickly taken care of with some antibiotics. She has started to lose her hair and was pretty upset about that, because she really loved her hair. She got her first wig today, and it looks like she is digging it! We'll be having our christmas on Jan. 25th, and I can't wait to see her!

c07b3d7c74c911e3a14612d24ed1fd89_7.jpg

Hug that angel for me.
    Thanks.

Top Bottom