• ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    pix1058054734.gif

Lets see some pics of your Glocks.Heres my G17.
    Lynx Defense

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Finally got access to the digi and took some new photos in the new backyard today.

G34 Project gun
    IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

The basic version:
    IMG_2816.gif

The 17
    IMG_2803.jpg

The 26:
    IMG_2807.gif

G30
    IMG_2811.jpg

The 21SF
    IMG_2809.gif

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've put a few hundred rounds through a G36 before. I like how slim the frame is. I'll say this much though, being 45acp and that small/light it always felt like it was going to fly out of my hand! ;)

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Some folks have been taking the 36 upper and running in on the new 30SF lowers. Not a thin below the slide as a 36, but combining the two slims the slide down and gives you a 10 rnd compact 45 that is easier to grip then the standard 30 which helps with controlling the flipping.

Did this with my friendly local tupperware pimp and it worked out surprisingly well. Not sure its worth buying two new guns to do, but he's got them to burn so he's always game to experimentation.

Malladus

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Some folks have been taking the 36 upper and running in on the new 30SF lowers. Not a thin below the slide as a 36, but combining the two slims the slide down and gives you a 10 rnd compact 45 that is easier to grip then the standard 30 which helps with controlling the flipping.

Did this with my friendly local tupperware pimp and it worked out surprisingly well. Not sure its worth buying two new guns to do, but he's got them to burn so he's always game to experimentation.

Malladus

What would be the difference dimensionally between the slide widths of a stock G30/G30SF and the G36? Not being that familiar with a G30 I just assumed that the difference between the G30s and the G36 would be in the grip only. I'd like to see a picture of the "mixture" of the G30SF and the G36. Any gunsmithing necessary or would it be a "drop on/in" type of situation? Interesting concept. Over the past 10 years I've had several Glocks (8 or more, big and small) but the 36 is easily my most favorite, mostly because of the slim grip and the "non-brick" feeling when I slip it into my IWB/waistband.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    The 36 slide is slimmer somewhat then the 30 slide. The 30SF36 hybrid is not as svelte in the grip area though. Here is a link to the thread off of Glocktalk where me and my buddy got the idea from.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894436&highlight=30Sf+36

Its an older thread so the link may crap out on you. And the conversion, like most things Glock doesn't really require and tools, just a excess of the tactical tupperware and some freetime.

Malladus

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Thanks for the link. That shows just what I was looking for. The G30 slide is much thicker than the G36 but evidently the 36 slide will handle the pressures! Now all I have to do is find a G30SF lower. That would be a long shot 'cause G30SF complete guns are kinda' scarce. Someday ..................

Top Bottom