• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I think the RAP is a hell of a deal for accuracy vs price. Several have suggested I upgrade the stock to a Boyd's or similar but I'm keeping it original and lightweight. One day I may get a Magpul etc. The optic is a $600 Leupold VX-R patrol 3-9x40. Suppressor is Silencerco Saker762.
    LuIEpcU.jpg
    Texas SOT

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Yeah for $400ish dollars the RAP'S aren't a bad performance vs price...I've seen several videos of guys hitting steel over 1600yrds.

I've been wanting to get a new stock, I should have just waited on the optic & got the Savage...buy once cry once...lol

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    The American's not bad for the price, I paid $425 + $300 optic after taxes & rings it was $812. My only complaint is the stock, it flexes & the ergonomics of the grip to trigger feel off. For $700-$800 you can get the Savage with the Aluminum precision stock. Magpul makes a stock for $300 & then there are several aluminum options but all in your around $500 for one of those.

I have plenty of budget friendly rifles now and I think my next one will be a little more exotic in price.
    A coworker has offered to sell me some of his rifles including some antiques. I may get those and hold off longer on the race gun.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Here's another option for not much more, Howa 6.5 precision
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/777076925
    That is a Howa action in an after market stock.

I don't know if it's the same for their barrelled actions but if you buy a complete factory rifle, Howa guarantees sub-moa accuracy for life. Meaning if you shoot the barrel out it gets replaced under factory warranty.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    That's down right amazing for that ammo.
    Good shooting !
    To be truthful...it doesn't normally shoot that good for me and the PTR isn't an MOA type rifle either. I just had a good morning.

I am mostly happy being a minute-of-man guy now.

I also didn't shoot the groups one after the other. I shot the first, hit some other targets/steel and then went back later to shoot the second.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom