• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I worked for the aircraft company in Tulsa for 5 years. Bosses there had only one thing in mind: get their workers in trouble by any means available to get them fired. The workforce was tough there and would strike back regularly. One boss on the night shift rode a motorized scooter (Kalamazoo or Cushman) out to "catch" his men doing something wrong. One night, we cruised around a corner and met a 2x4 right across the face. He never returned from medical....he retired.

I had a similar boss and he dogged us without mercy. One day, I was sent to the 3rd floor "Mez" of the mile long building to repair some equipment. I saw a pair of legs on the catwalk up in the rafters above me. That was one of "Dave's" favorite tricks. I grabbed a wrench, ran down the Mez until I found the closest catwalk access. I stormed up the stairs, ran down the narrow catwalk with my wrench in hand, determined to put an end to this guy. There were several doors spaced evenly on the catwalk and I barged through each one ready to smash that turd. I went through another door, saw a figure and rushed him with tool in hand. When I got within a couple of feet of him, I saw that it wasn't Dave! I apologized, turned around and headed back.....completely embarrassed and thankful that I recognized that he was the wrong guy!

Nothing was ever said. The guy on the catwalk probably knew exactly what was happening and clammed up. Dave got so bad that his bosses finally toned him down.

Flash

Last edited:

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    ah the old days when you couldn't get fired for a little one on one stuff.. i went though a MAJOR investigation cause i "tap'd" an employee on the forehead.. and when i say tap'd i mean gently.. but oh no.. this was a HUGE deal.. believe me the staff needed to have the for mentioned 2X4 and not Greg's finger "tap'n".. anyway the state of AZ reached into my pocket.. think i had 20 hrs on that one.. (loss of pay) .. i went through a total of 5 investigations while i was with the department .. the one i mention was stupid, but they balance out.. i was cleared of one i should have been fired for, so it all washes out in the end..

Top Bottom