• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've picked up a couple from Sarco. They definitely needed a deep cleaning, but turned out just fine.

PSA had a super good sale on Israeli mags awhile back. Like $15 per mag. There's where I got most of my mags. I think they sold out of those though.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    This just in from https://www.sarcoinc.com/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=03-26-21-Blast
    ZomboDroid 26032021150940.jpg

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Walking through Texas brush where most everything has thorns will elicit more swearing and cursing louder than the rustle of fabric ;) However Boots and shorts sure help offset the Texas heat!

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I'm intrigued by the FAL and would like to have one (or five). I just don't know enough about them. A friend of mine sent me the link to this now completed auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869573468

I sure like the looks of that one but, man, $4900 is a lot of money. I think that's actually a pretty normal price for these.

I know I want the real FN and I think a Styer import is a nice way to go.

Who has a FAL? What's your take on them?
    Unless the pride of ownership is the prime factor, a genuine Fabrique National FAL is a complete waste of money. There are several excellent L1A1 and FAL options that function just as well for under $1000, I bought one at SAR two years ago for $750 with a Trilux

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Walking through Texas brush where most everything has thorns will elicit more swearing and cursing louder than the rustle of fabric ;) However Boots and shorts sure help offset the Texas heat!
    I routinely hunt in Tshirt, shorts and Sambas (Adidas indoor shoe)... your legs get used to it and toughen up.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    While hunting in Africa I wore shorts most of the time. In the evening sitting in the boma around the fire having gin & tonics was the perfect time for pulling thorns.

Worse than the thorns are the seeds and other debris that get in your boots via your socks. For that I had canvas gaiters that covered my socks and tops of my boots.

The clients that were booked in the camp last trip was a father and son. The son was a 40 year old man bitch! Every night he was belly aching about who did I think I was with my shorts and fancy binoculars? He was down right scared every night and scared to get out of the hunting truck.

He cried when he finally shot a black wildebeest cow from the back of the truck. That was mainly set up by having one P.H.flying in an ultra light driving the herd to him. His own father apologized for his son being a little bitch.

The father stated he loved it in camp & didn’t want to leave. The man bitch was content to stay in camp all day and take 2 showers. His white guilt really pissed off the P.H.’s and all the blacks in camp. The one driver tracker told all the others about what a punk he was!

Juggernaut762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2021
    Belton, TX
    I've got an Imbel FAL I inherited from my dad. Has 21" barrel and bipod. I put a DSA railed top cover that clamps onto the upper receiver on it for optics. It's heavy, long, doesn't have the best ergonomics and "only" has battle accuracy. Given we're in the 21st century and modern options an older, even FN produced, FAL is far outclassed in performance and practicality by even entry level AR10s. Sure FALs are known to be soft shooters because of their adjustable gas blocks but the AR10 aftermarket selection for buffers and adjustable gas blocks and such takes away few advantages the FAL has over the competition. Don't get me wrong, I'm an FAL fanboy but science is irrefutable in that it is a good design, but there are better options if you want a modern 30 caliber rifle. If your interest is in collecting, by all means collect these rare beauties.

Top Bottom