Let's talk LUMBER PRICES

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
I think I recall reading a few months past, that because of last year with the Covid 19 pandemic, a lot of building trades and construction stalled out or shut down. If that is true, with things getting somewhat back to some semblance if normalcy, construction trades are trying to play catch-up, and as a result, there could be shortage of lumber. If the constructions trades slowed down, or shut down last year for quite a few months, it stands to reason that the lumber mills were not working at peak either. I suspect lumber prices were at a low last year.

Now that statement is entirely an opinion and speculation from my own observations and from my personal buying experiences last year with lumber.

Texas45

Well-Known
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
I'm tearing out a deck, guess I oughta save the 2 X 6's and 2 X 8's that're still in good shape.

But nah, I'm pitching most onto the burn pile...too lazy to pull the deck screws.
Where ya at?
Ill come pull the screws if I can have the lumber.

Scored these 33 shts 3/4 TnG plywood. Had to pick it up and clean a few screws out of it.
Last price I saw on the stuff was like 49 a sheet.
1600 in free material for about 4 hrs total work to load haul clean and stack.

I got WAY more time than MONEY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
The "magic word" for American Business....

"SHORTAGE"!

Gasoline, coffee, sugar, drywall, T 111, OSB, epipen, anti-freeze, toilet paper .............you name it.

Any time "they" want a HUGE PRICE INCREASE, "they" just say the "magic word"....and much like Mssr Pavlov's canine friends, the American Public RUNS to empty their blame wallets.... :banghead:
next up: ketchup.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I think I recall reading a few months past, that because of last year with the Covid 19 pandemic, a lot of building trades and construction stalled out or shut down. If that is true, with things getting somewhat back to some semblance if normalcy, construction trades are trying to play catch-up, and as a result, there could be shortage of lumber. If the constructions trades slowed down, or shut down last year for quite a few months, it stands to reason that the lumber mills were not working at peak either. I suspect lumber prices were at a low last year.

Now that statement is entirely an opinion and speculation from my own observations and from my personal buying experiences last year with lumber.
If there’s a lumber shortage, it’s the most well stocked shortage I’ve ever seen.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
If there’s a lumber shortage, it’s the most well stocked shortage I’ve ever seen.

I merely repeated an article I read a few months ago on one of my news feeds. I do know lumber prices have increased since last year when I bought quite a bit for a project.

Just my observations and speculations.

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
As I understand it Lowe's and Home Depot will start charging a $5.00 admission fee 5/1/2021.
For admission to what? There store? If that's true then it proves those stores are run by idiots. Where did this information about charging admission come from?

Top Bottom