Capitol Armory ad

Letter Fillibuster - Commencing 1-20-09 - THE CLOCK IS TICKING PEOPLE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Once again, I have to apologize for not being on the ball with this stuff over the Christmas vacation. Here's the RTKBA thread with all the details:

RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com - Letter Filibuster

Basically this is a letter writing campaign. All letters should be dated and mailed ON 1-20-2009, which is coming up soon so pay attention. The point is to write a short and concise letter expressing our views on the protection of our 2A rights. Obviously everything should be kept cordial and professional of course. We need to send letters to the following people/groups:

One letter to:

President Barack Hussein Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

One letter to each of your senators:

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

One letter to your representatives:

Member Web Site Listing (by State) - United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session

One letter to a TV station:

ABC, Inc.
    500 S. Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-4551

NBC News
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, N.Y. 10112

CBS Television
    51 West 52nd Street
    New York, NY 10019

And of course you can always send letters to anyone else you'd like to as well. I recommend checking out the RTKBA thread linked above as it contains a bit more detailed info as well as quite a few sample letters to give you all some ideas on what to write.

Also, if you participate, you may be eligible to win a Magpul CTR stock! Here's the details on that:

RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com - 30,000 Letters for Inauguration Day (Free Drawing)

The goal is to have 30,000 participate people. So far, apparently we have 16,000 signed on to participate, which is pretty impressive if that number is accurate. Lets get some Texan spirit in on this thing people!
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    BUMP PEOPLE!

This program is starting TODAY! I would like to see some support from fellow Texans. There a great many forums and many thousands of people that have pledged their support in this mailing campaign, many over on the RTKBA site where this originated as well. It doesn't take much time, and heck there are plenty of example letters you can copy and paste on the thread linked in my original post. I'd really like to see more people chime in to this thread to show that we have some Texans supporting this. Come on people, lets do our great state proud! I've already got my payload of 2x4's and letters hot off the press and ready for a fire mission! ;)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Maybe the title is throwing people off. "Letter filibuster"?

Or maybe people feel a general letter like this, while it will let the recipient know how a few people feel about a specific Constitutional Amendment, is something "we" do more effectively at the poll. If we vote the people in with core values "we" share, then this part is done. If they aren't, changing someone won't be as easy as mailing lumber.

We are more effective focusing on actual legislation since we can't do anything about who's doing the voting at this point. We have our Rep's and Senators to work though that represent us....well at last we hope they do.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Maybe the title is throwing people off. "Letter filibuster"?

Or maybe people feel a general letter like this, while it will let the recipient know how a few people feel about a specific Constitutional Amendment, is something "we" do more effectively at the poll. If we vote the people in with core values "we" share, then this part is done. If they aren't, changing someone won't be as easy as mailing lumber.

We are more effective focusing on actual legislation since we can't do anything about who's doing the voting at this point. We have our Rep's and Senators to work though that represent us....well at last we hope they do.

It doesn't take much effort to write some letters, and it certainly can't hurt. How about stop being a naysayer and participate? I didn't say it was perfect or the best way, but it is better than nothing and we certainly need to do something. The election is already over with, so there's nothing we can do about that.

Now imagine within the first few days of Obama stepping into office, an aid stepping into the oval office and informing him he has received some mail, then the mail being brought in on carts and there are some 5 or 10,000 2x4's with one sentence written on them. That sort of thing at least makes you think. He may still have no respect for the 2A, however he doesn't have to. He just has to know a majority of the country does, that there are lots of angry people out there, and that he is better off leaving it alone.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's funny, I'm a "naysayer" for having an opinion that doesn't fall in line with the mob? :p

Part of the subtle point was about the title containing filibuster. Not a big deal but can be misleading. But the point I make is that, as you said, the election is over so now, our voices need to heard in Washington in places they can do some good.

Not that this effort is worthless, if I came across sounding like that's what I was saying, I apologize. But our voices need to be carried to Congress by our legislators and while a general message like this doesn't hurt anything, it helps more if we bring specifics to them. Hopefully the ones we've put in those offices will actually do their job of representing us. And hopefully our votes put the person into office because this general message is part of their core values and they'll be taking that with them to DC.

I didn't mean throw this off track so I'll bow out at this point. Doing something is better than doing nothing. But don't forget, just because someone doesn't do what you think they should do, doesn't mean they are doing nothing.

Top Bottom