• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Questions for those of you who understand these things better than I:

1. Do snail-mail letters receive more attention than email?

2. Does correspondence to Representatives and Senators other than my own accomplish anything, or do the staffers just weed out correspondence from people who can't vote for their boss?

Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    From what I've been told you want to include your address when you contact them so they know you're in their district. They don't care about you if you're not.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that varies by the critter in office. Different strokes for .....well you know.

I'd have to agree. If something really pisses me off, I'll sit down and hand-write a letter to the "entity" involved in that pissing off and send it off snail mail. But then, I'm from the era where snail mail was the only way to contact people.

As for contacting congress critters who aren't part of your "group," that definitely depends on whether or not they give a damn. I know Pisslosi and Feinslime don't give an aerial intercourse through a highly motivated circular pastry what anything from someone who is out of their district says....I've checked. Usually, even with a hand-written letter, you get the usual form letter response from your congress critter. At least that's what I get from my 2 senators for Nevada, Heller and Reid.

Writing to Obuttfuck, you don't get shit for a response.

R W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Have heard one letter is as good as ten emails. That is in Australia not sure if it applies in the US

Top Bottom