• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Randomly found this site in my YouTube recommendations. It's interesting! A little weird looking, but you don't need 2nd set of sights if you want irons - if the dot fails the unit acts like a ghost-ring sight when not illuminated. Pretty cool advancement.

Lynx Defense

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Picked one up this week. So far so good.

Drifted the rear sight out of my Glock 20 with a brass punch, dropped the dovetail adapter into the slot, held the micro in place and put the 2 screws coated with blue locktite in with the torque driver. 25 in/lb later I was good to go.

You have to remove the battery cap to disassemble/reassemble, but that’s no problem.

Adjusted the 3 MOA dot to just over the front post and fired 3 rounds at 15 yards. 4” low and 2” right. Used the included Allen key to adjust and in 3 more rounds I was dead nuts.

Moved back to 25 yards and cranked off a bunch more. All on steel. It’s easy to find the dot if you’re following the front sight as you raise the gun as normal.

I like the dot for a few reasons. It’s easier to focus on the target with my old eyes, the dot is a clear and easy to overlay on the target even in full sun, and it is a clear indicator when you’re pressing too hard as you squeeze as the dot tends to move on the target.

Wicked accurate. Do not have to unmount to change batteries. Battery life is claimed to be measured in years.

It does function like a ghost ring, so serviceable at self defense range should it fail.

It’s going to be my default backup for hog eradication. I’m a fan so far.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Huh, this is very interesting to me as I prefer 92’s and good luck getting any red dots on them. Any chance this would work?
    Yeah, the Beretta 92 isn't optics friendly, given how the firing pin safety is located. It would almost take a sight built specifically for that gun with a void in the sight body to allow for the plunger to rise up, in order to work. I think you'd be more likely to have to use a riser like the old school mounts you'd see on race guns.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, the Beretta 92 isn't optics friendly, given how the firing pin safety is located. It would almost take a sight built specifically for that gun with a void in the sight body to allow for the plunger to rise up, in order to work. I think you'd be more likely to have to use a riser like the old school mounts you'd see on race guns.
    Yeah, frame mounts are easy and great the dot doesn’t move so they don’t break and you don’t lose them but good look concealing that monster.

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    Here's another take on the Deltapoint Micro - this fellow seems pretty unbiased in his reviews and has a lot of red dot experience

Cowen ( I think thats his name) is the RDS killer. He drops from shoulder height on to a hard surface every 500 rounds of a test. HE DID 2500 rounds this time... so Yeah looks good to me too.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Cowen ( I think thats his name) is the RDS killer. He drops from shoulder height on to a hard surface every 500 rounds of a test. HE DID 2500 rounds this time... so Yeah looks good to me too.

If you watched the video, did you notice that the forward hood of the sight got bent all to hell, but the gun didn't loose zero on the last four drops, and he was still shooting fast and accurate with it. Impressive!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Picked one up this week. So far so good.

Drifted the rear sight out of my Glock 20 with a brass punch, dropped the dovetail adapter into the slot, held the micro in place and put the 2 screws coated with blue locktite in with the torque driver. 25 in/lb later I was good to go.

You have to remove the battery cap to disassemble/reassemble, but that’s no problem.

Adjusted the 3 MOA dot to just over the front post and fired 3 rounds at 15 yards. 4” low and 2” right. Used the included Allen key to adjust and in 3 more rounds I was dead nuts.

Moved back to 25 yards and cranked off a bunch more. All on steel. It’s easy to find the dot if you’re following the front sight as you raise the gun as normal.

I like the dot for a few reasons. It’s easier to focus on the target with my old eyes, the dot is a clear and easy to overlay on the target even in full sun, and it is a clear indicator when you’re pressing too hard as you squeeze as the dot tends to move on the target.

Wicked accurate. Do not have to unmount to change batteries. Battery life is claimed to be measured in years.

It does function like a ghost ring, so serviceable at self defense range should it fail.

It’s going to be my default backup for hog eradication. I’m a fan so far.
    Thanks for the review. I’ve been eyeballing these for my wife’s 5” S&W house pistol. Is it very easy to find the dot or do you have to train yourself to immediately see it?

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    If you watched the video, did you notice that the forward hood of the sight got bent all to hell, but the gun didn't loose zero on the last four drops, and he was still shooting fast and accurate with it. Impressive!
    yep I did see that. I am waiting for them on leupolds site as they have a vet priceing program. Well with them at $287 I will wait

Top Bottom