• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Rossi 92 trapper .357 Mag. That thing is a blast to shoot and feels like a toy gun. It reminds me of the Dasy BB gun I had as a kid. About the same size and not much heavier. I use .38 specials mostly on a reactive target and the recoil is very light. Not quite as soft as a .22, but light enough to where even the most sensitive probably would not have issue. Even full on .357 mag is enjoyable to shoot, although my wallet doesn’t like them as much. I have a blued version and my only regret is not getting the SS model. They were discontinued by the time I was in the market and used ones were going for outrageous amounts. Right around $900 or more, and I just could not justify that kind of price at the time. Still, I have just as much fun with my blued version

14427h

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    DFW TX
    You occasionally see an original 1892 Winchester that’s been converted to 357. In my experience, it’s rare to find one that will reliably feed 38 specials. It doesn’t seem to be a problem on the reproductions.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I was having issues with the Rossi feeding. I would fire off anywhere between 2 & 5 rounds then it would start jambing. Lots of youtube vids abt the same problem. Thought abt dumping it for whatever I could get for it because I was afraid a gunsmith would cost almost as much as I paid for the rifle. With not much to lose I said ferk it and tore into it. Ended up being the loading door was out of alignment. It was rewarding to me that I was able to fix it. Now the little trapper cycles slick as owl sheet.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Rare and seldom seen...
    Marlin Model 1888, 44-40 WCF Saddle Ring Carbine. Made in 1888 and briefly in 1889. Around 4,000 total production. Was quite unpopular because of it's short stroke action and top ejection. Ejection of the HOT empty cartridge tended to hit the shooter in the middle of the forehead with Hot brass!
    DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg

Top Bottom