• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coreymcl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Mansfield, TX
    I'm considering heading out to the Lewisville gun show tomorrow (Feb 6th). Having never been to this show I was curious if other had and if they felt it was worth the cost of admission? I know this is a personal question as not everyone is looking for the same items as the next person.

For me I'm looking to possibly pick up a M&P 9 and even a Sig P320C. I'm thinking a gun show is going to be the best place to see a wide selection as most gun stores only have limit versions of each on hand.

Thanks,

BigDBasser

#OMHIWDMB
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Mesquite
    I'm going too. This will be my first time there. I'm looking for another 1911, maybe a Colt Government model, or a Springville.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    IMHO gun shows haven't been worth going to for many years. If you want jerky and cheap accessories made in China you might enjoy it.

I detect a pubic attitude regarding big city (DFW) gun shows in generel, but I can't say I disagree with you! :green: I haven't been to a San Antonio gun show in years, but the Fredrericksburg (and sometimes the Kerrville) shows are OK.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Lewisville is one of the better ones. Missed today but plan to stop buy tomorrow.
    Big Town last week was OK but too many people to see much.
    No price gouging but not anything really special price wise that I saw.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    for someone new to the area (north Fort Worth), what shows are recommended?

short list for the year is p320 and p227 tacops

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

BigDBasser

#OMHIWDMB
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Mesquite
    Went yesterday, found no deals, but the prices were reasonable. Not as crowded as Big Town. It seemed like more individual sellers than Big Town. Did find a new piece to add to my 1911 collection.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I detect a pubic attitude regarding big city (DFW) gun shows in generel, but I can't say I disagree with you! :green: I haven't been to a San Antonio gun show in years, but the Fredrericksburg (and sometimes the Kerrville) shows are OK.

Never been to a gun show in the DFW area. Used to go to several shows a year in the Portland OR area. Watched all of them go down hill with the exception of some small specialty shows.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Went yesterday, found no deals, but the prices were reasonable. Not as crowded as Big Town. It seemed like more individual sellers than Big Town. Did find a new piece to add to my 1911 collection.

Seems like Big Town always has a ton more vendors and stuff than Lewisville, Allen or Richardson. I found some deals at Big Town on the weekend of the 6th. My favorite show is Dallas Market Hall show. Not as good as 15 years ago when they had the military stuff (my kid got his pic inside a Huey helicopter), but its a really good show with good vendors.

The Will Rogers show in Ft Worth is really good too. And the Hunters Extravaganza show they have over there is awesome.

aggiesam1983

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Heck it's getting so bad here in OKC that the beanie baby sellers aren't even showing up any longer. The shows suck bad here these days.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    i was at the big town show and didnt see much in good deals on guns. some normal price some a little over. I did pick up some reman ammo 250ct 9mm for 58 dollars to use at the range. I already used it all and had no problems with it. Other then that bought a nice backpack to carry stuff around for cheap. I was thinking about attending the lewisville show. Also the Lone star gun show will be coming up just after that.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    stopped by the show today. it was maybe less than half the size of big town. walked through it pretty quick. your usual dealers and such. I did however pick up an anderson mfg ar15 lower from RunnerRunner Guns for 49 bucks. Not bad for a budget build. thats cheaper than i can get them online including shipping and ffl transfer.

tboner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    Will be interesting if the Allen show this weekend is better than the past with a different owner

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    The Lewisville show probably isn't super awesome, but it did have some deals here and there, for the pickin. Its close, otherwise, I'll check out big town and the one at will rogers next time. I heard it was big enough.

Top Bottom