• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    I’m done with buying guns online since GB started collecting sales tax. Not being able to inspect + shipping + xfer fees, and it’s just not worth it anymore.

I’m currently looking for a Ruger LCR .38 Special, but thought I’d build a list of locations to start checking out.

Of course, with the damn zip-tied actions at some stores and shows, it’s hard to even inspect anymore.
    DK Firearms

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    Double M Defense up in Frisco has been great for me. He has a store front with some options, and an online storefront as well. Great local business to support with decent prices, and an owner willing to explain things. I have made a couple of purchases and been impressed.

Double M Defense
    8200 Stonebrook Pkwy Ste. 106, Frisco, TX 75034

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I’m done with buying guns online since GB started collecting sales tax. Not being able to inspect + shipping + xfer fees, and it’s just not worth it anymore.

I’m currently looking for a Ruger LCR .38 Special, but thought I’d build a list of locations to start checking out.

Of course, with the damn zip-tied actions at some stores and shows, it’s hard to even inspect anymore.
    I actually have one but it's not for sale. Nice revolver but has a kick. What's wrong with texasguntrader and buying from an individual hopefully close to where you are?

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

Carry a few zips and clippers just snip inspect and re tie. Gunshows allow that

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    I had to get out of the house yesterday after being cooped up due to the weather.
    Ventured to the Mesquite Gun Show. About 90% guns/ammo/knives on the tables. Lots of ammo dealers but till post COVID prices. Not much in the way of military surplus on the tables, was looking for a bayonet for my Garand, none to be had. Did end up with three boxes of fresh Winchester M1 Garand 30-06 M2 ammo for $37/box
    Ended up with a 5 X 25 X 56 Vortex 34 mm Strike Eagle scope and a set of 34 mm rings below well below MSRP when I offered cash instead of credit card, and much less than Midway or Optics Planet prices. Also got some "anti racoon" barrier discs to try on one of my deer feeders.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I don't buy from dealers so shows and FTFs are my deal although I haven't been going to shows for a couple years. Lewisville was my favorite but it's no more. Ft Worth is a PITA to park. Mesquite is too far away. Sherman and Gainesville have pitifully small shows.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    The zip ties really kill the point of a gun show.
    Just carry a few zips and fingernail clippers, cut-inspect and re tie. When I have a table I have extra ties and offer inspections..Will Rodgers allows this practice and I have never been to a gunshow that did not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom