• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Yahoo Internet media is still bombarding readers with information that firearms sales are down, demand for firearms and interest in firearms is declining. An article that appeared on Yahoo a few days ago, had charts and graphs that trumpeted a decline in firearms sales in recent months. They said that now that panic is declining over Obama's "common sense" restrictions is past, no one cares about firearms any more. Their charts showed a steep decline in background checks as support.

I have over 1000 rebuttal posts on Yahoo and every time one of these biased BS articles appears, I post in rebuttal. As I posted before on TGT, they used to censor then even BLOCKED my posts. Now, I seldom get censored. Yahoo readers posts "Thumbs up" or Thumbs down" in reaction to posts. My record is 1000 thumbs up for a single post!

I stated in my article rebuttal that declines in background checks were due to:

1- CHL applications have soared. CHL gun purchases are not subject to background checks because current fingerprint and background checks are on current file with the state. We still fill out the 4473 forms but the additional BG check is waived.

2- Ammunition is difficult or impossible to purchase. If you buy a 9mm or .22LR gun, your chance of finding ammo is slim.

3) Retail stock of firearms is dismal. Hardly anything is in stock and most popular guns disappear immediately when they hit retail shelves.

Another article crowed about the huge decline of US households that own firearms. If memory serves me, the decline was from 30% down to 25%. Perhaps a member can correct that.

Just today 7-31-2013, Yahoo ran an article stating that Sturm Ruger business is BOOMING! Here's a taste:

Sturm, Ruger & Co. (RGR) reported its highest quarterly revenue since at least 1990, defying concern that the debate over gun control would crimp demand.

It appears that Yahoo can't get its story straight. Their own stories contradict their Liberal viewpoint!

Have YOU seen similar bullshit articles?

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    The only reason to go to yahoo news is they have a lot of cartoons. Gotta have my Dilbert fix.

caleb7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I read their news occasionally, but mostly its just to see how the majority of commenters respond. Most often, I find a generally conservative consensus mixed in the with usual stand-up comedians, grammar Nazis, and that occasional liberal to bash over the head.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I have seen that report from other sources besides Yahoo. When i bought my firearm in late November, the NICS system was overwhelmed. It took over a week to receive my ok for the purchase i made. If they are not experiencing as many NISC checks now it is because everyone but diehard LIBTARDS now have guns.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I think yahoo mainly shares articles from other media sources. They probably have other people working on what they share and don't care to remain consistent.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    They probably have other people working on what they share and don't care to remain consistent.

I don't disagree with that but they are laying this crap out there as Gospel truth. They know better and so do we. I conclude that this garbage is directed at people who can't or won't check things out before they form a conclusion.

Flash

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing I usually go to Yahoo for is to check my email. I've seen the "articles" on the login page but have never really clicked on any to see what they're about. If I'm looking for something or some story I usually hit Google. Maybe I should browse the Yahoo news stories just to see how much they get wrong in their (or their outsourced) reporting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think yahoo mainly shares articles from other media sources. They probably have other people working on what they share and don't care to remain consistent.

Yup, they grab articles from wherever and share them on the main page. I think there "might" be a few yahoo bloggers that get a little play time but that's just driven by how many hits they get and I'm not even sure if that is yahoo or another sight I came across somewhere.

They simply compile the articles and it would be entirely possible to see 2 conflicting articles side by side.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My purpose in tangling with Yahoo "News" was to offer rebuttal to their insanely Liberal slanted articles. As I said previously, they censored, then blocked my user names. I kept changing my User Names and finally, I posted rebuttals successfully. In that regard alone, I forced them to acknowledge opposing Pro-gun viewpoints. As a result of my efforts and many other Conservative participants, Yahoo at least recognizes our views.

Guys.....I went there to do battle and have over 1000 posts of doing exactly that. I didn't go there to swallow their crap without answering back.

Flash

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    My purpose in tangling with Yahoo "News" was to offer rebuttal to their insanely Liberal slanted articles. As I said previously, they censored, then blocked my user names. I kept changing my User Names and finally, I posted rebuttals successfully. In that regard alone, I forced them to acknowledge opposing Pro-gun viewpoints. As a result of my efforts and many other Conservative participants, Yahoo at least recognizes our views.

Guys.....I went there to do battle and have over 1000 posts of doing exactly that. I didn't go there to swallow their crap without answering back.

Flash

^^^^This. I love tangling with the anti-gunners. Using proper logic, grammar, and rhetoric, I've gotten quite a few replies indicating that an "undecided" has moved to our side of the fence. Also of particular note is that it is almost always the anti-gunners that espouse the use of violence to get their way, which really makes them mad when I use their own words to point that out with them.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This. I love tangling with the anti-gunners. Using proper logic, grammar, and rhetoric, I've gotten quite a few replies indicating that an "undecided" has moved to our side of the fence. Also of particular note is that it is almost always the anti-gunners that espouse the use of violence to get their way, which really makes them mad when I use their own words to point that out with them.

You recognize the situation perfectly! When you refuse to let the Liberal response shake you, they resort to name calling, personal insults and threats of violence. It happens all the time! As I said previously, I go there to do battle. I don't give a flip about what they think of me and I get our message of TRUTH out there.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Anybody can send a press release to Yahoo "News" and get it published. I've seen some really whacky stuff popped up on there as an article...

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Anybody can send a press release to Yahoo "News" and get it published. I've seen some really whacky stuff popped up on there as an article...

Hell half the time its just an article written solely to advertise a movie. Saw one article that was discussing in depth what could have lead up to Tony Stark threatening the Manderin on a personal level and giving his address in the Iron Man 3 trailer, as if it were serious business lol. As if they weren't paid to put that out on the front page.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    When I rolled over my 401k to an IRA I bought 2000 shares of Ruger and 2475 shares of S&W against the advice of my Fidelity rep. Both continue to increase in value, I just wish I had done it sooner and bought more then I did. It doesn't look to me that demand is dropping off.

Top Bottom