• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Here in Volente, it's a community mostly of normal, freedom loving Americans. But... there is a small group of liberal activists that constantly get into power by any devious scheme they can come up with including getting new people to believe they are conservatives. It seems to be getting worse with all the people coming here from California. I wish they would stay. They don't need to bring all their failed liberal policies with them.
    Washington state was a conservative state until all the Californians came in the 80's and 90's. I remember a movement wanting to build a wall to keep them out.
    DK Firearms

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    After visiting Austin the day after Trumps inauguration and during the march of broads, I am never going back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

spuds015,

Fwiw, a HERD of the leftist females were NOT even from TX. = The moron leftists were "bussed in" from 500-1000 miles away, courtesy of $$$$$$$$$ from the Holly-WEIRD left" & George Soros.
    (One moron was DUMB enough to say on KUT Austin, that she had received 200.oo cash plus expenses to come "cause trouble".)

yours, satx

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I work in the Film Industry so I will be mainly tied to Austin. Which I hear is the most Liberal of them all in Texas.
    Austin is more of your fruit-cake type liberals. Austinites have long had a live and let live attitude which does breed hedonism like the dude I've seen cycling in a mini skirt and nothing else, but that same attitude also allows me to be an urban redneck who raises ducks and has exotic cars on blocks in the front yard...

The intelligentsia has always had a strong presence here as well, but it's only been the last several years where the leftist elitists and SJWs have started gaining power. That has happened nation wide where there wasn't a strong conservative culture to keep them out. Thanks, Obama...

There is some hope however, as conservatism is now a counter culture. I think the people who just like to embrace the weird will become more accepting of conservatism as a counter culture; re-normalizing it so to speak. That and the SJWs are quickly burning themselves out. They get more virulent and push more people away on a daily basis.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    That and the SJWs are quickly burning themselves out. They get more virulent and push more people away on a daily basis.

This is what im seeing as well. The ultraliberal, antifa, ultrafeminist, BLM, etc are getting so far out in left field that even some of the hard core liberal groups are starting to abandon ship. There will always be a few extremist groups, but all they will do is push more folks towards the middle. This works for both sides. The left has the groups mentioned above, and the right has the neonazis, westborough baptists, etc.

It was well before my time, but didnt we go through a similar situation with similar extreme groups back in the 60's? Ive always heard the past repeats itself. Back then, we were fighting the commies, now we are fighting the muzzies. Back then, we had the hippies, black panthers, etc. Now we have antifa, BLM, etc. We had violence, riots, etc back then as we do now.

Maybe I have it all wrong, but I think we'll be just fine in the long run.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This is what im seeing as well. The ultraliberal, antifa, ultrafeminist, BLM, etc are getting so far out in left field that even some of the hard core liberal groups are starting to abandon ship. There will always be a few extremist groups, but all they will do is push more folks towards the middle. This works for both sides. The left has the groups mentioned above, and the right has the neonazis, westborough baptists, etc.

It was well before my time, but didnt we go through a similar situation with similar extreme groups back in the 60's? Ive always heard the past repeats itself. Back then, we were fighting the commies, now we are fighting the muzzies. Back then, we had the hippies, black panthers, etc. Now we have antifa, BLM, etc. We had violence, riots, etc back then as we do now.

Maybe I have it all wrong, but I think we'll be just fine in the long run.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Let me know when the free love era comes back around.

Top Bottom