• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I found this cool flashlight at Target for $5.19 and couldn’t pass it up. This guy on YouTube gives a pretty good demo:
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EEv-fxeIc]YouTube - Life Gear Glow Sticks[/URL]

I got the blue one, but red, green, and orange is also available, according to Life Gear’s website [url]http://www.lifegearcompany.com/glowsticks.html[/URL]

The cool thing about it is the glowstick part. Sure, it’s a flashlight, but hit the switch again and the whole body of the flashlight lights up. Hit the switch again and the flashlight goes out but the glowstick part stays on. Hit it once more and the glowstick flashes. The glowstick part puts out enough light to read by at night. And there are no chemicals in this, like a Cyalume, so it doesn’t die after a few hours. They claim it will last 200 hours on flasher mode.

The flashlight is 7.5 inches long and about .75 inch in diameter. It comes with a 20 inch lanyard with a quick-detach coupling. As shown in the video, you can swing the light by the lanyard in a circle and it will make a much bigger and brighter signal than just waving the thing in your hand. You can also pull the cap off of the end and there is a built-in whistle.

Someone put a lot of thought into this and came up with a great little tool. It’s cheap enough to buy several and put in your glove compartment, boat, backpack, survival kit, etc.
    Lynx Defense

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    These would be perfect in a pilot's survival kit. If you have to put down, you've got the signaling devices and a whistle all in one. I might get some of these and put them in my flight bag and my car.

How do you like yours?

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    These would be perfect in a pilot's survival kit. If you have to put down, you've got the signaling devices and a whistle all in one. I might get some of these and put them in my flight bag and my car.

How do you like yours?

It's not a Mag-Lite but it is something that I haven't seen before and it's going into my pack. My next trip to Target I'm gonna get some more for the cars.

kimbercarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Waco
    Like you said someone put some thought into this, and it is actually something that could prove useful in many situations...

Top Bottom