Join TexasGunTalk

Life inside the loop

Discussion in 'Houston' started by baboon, Feb 17, 2020.

1. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Not sure what time the neighbors chickens woke me up, but after a piss I went back to sleep. Then right after 7:30 am a chainsaw down the street starts in.

If only I could shoot in my backyard & get away with it, I would stay!

Texasgordo, jordanmills and EZ-E like this.
  2. Jarine88

Jarine88 Active Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Cypress
    I couldn’t do it. I try to avoid going inside the loop as much as possible. I’m between the Beltway and Grand Parkway, and that is still too close.

EZ-E likes this.
  3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Depending upon where inside the loop, it can get pretty intense.

jordanmills likes this.
  4. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    One time when being "out of the loop" is a good thing. We are blessed to have a bit over 10 acres, so no neighbors very close.

Jarine88 and EZ-E like this.
  5. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Close to the medical center & dome. Rodeo traffic aint as bad as it use to be. I hate the guy in the small plane dragging the advertisement during games! I'm close enough to hear the crotch rockets racers every night during nice weather. And I'm to close to a bunch of 24 hour restaurants to hear the gun shots most nights from the drunks fighting after breakfast starting around 2:00 am.

jordanmills likes this.
  6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Forty years ago, the part between Alameda and the dome and up to the Medical Center was pretty nice. Of course, most of it was fairly new back then. Time marches on.

Tough getting awakened in the middle of the night and having too much noise to get back to sleep. I have used a "white noise" machine in those circumstances.

7. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm near Denton and still too close to Houston so you can imagine my thoughts on the subject of people.

I hate people.

Lots n lots of people.

8. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm not too far from there, about a mile from Hobby airport. Outside the loop. But we still get the same. I think some of those drunks like to drive through my neighborhood and shoot up in the air - I guess because if they can't have nice things, nobody else should either. So you have to get farther out than just outside the loop.

9. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Move

TxStetson likes this.
  10. lspain1994

lspain1994 New Member

Feb 16, 2020
    Tomball, TX
    Im on the north side of 99, I work primarily in the medical center so I feel your pain.