• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Thanks, folks, I appreciate the positivity.
    As I look back, I should have seen this coming.
    I saw her do things or say things to other people of which I did not approve. I thought it was a character flaw that I could fix and teach her the morality of doing the right thing.
    I attend religious services regularly, and she never went with me, always saying that she would do so after we were married.
    Again, thanks for the kind words and support. This isn't anything I really want to talk to my kids about or share the details of with my family. You folks have given me an outlet to begin to work through this.

You're better off.
    Enjoy retirement.
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sk, I'll give you the short version of the speech my father gave me, when I found out what an unfaithful bitch of my first wife did to me. Leaving me high and dry.

"I can't take away the hurt you're feeling right now, and there isn't anything I can say that will make what you're going through easier, but I have been there, and know your pain. It will take some time, but it does get better."

Those words from my father helped me. Support of my friends helped. Yeah, it still hurt. At first I thought I was the one that did wrong. But people showed me I wasn't responsible for the choices other people make.

My ex-wives did me a favor. It led to the third wife, who is ten times the person either of them ever could be. If I were still with either of them, I'd never have the true love of my life today. The pain i went through was worth what I have today.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What I told my own sons.
    Unfortunately the only way to figure out what you want or need in a partner is first to go through the ones you don't want. And if you have to change them or teach them to be what you want, unless they choose to, then they are not what you want. And never will be. Just pretend to be. What they are will always come out.
    Always.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    My ex-wives did me a favor. It led to the third wife, who is ten times the person either of them ever could be. If I were still with either of them, I'd never have the true love of my life today. The pain i went through was worth what I have today.

And there isn't anything wrong with just living bachelor's life. No accountability, no one to answer to, if I want to jump on the bike and head to the hill country or Big Bend or Arkansas ... I just leave. There is tremndous freedom in that.

About 6 months ago, I invited a lady friend to come over and spend a couple days.

Don't take that the wrong way ... she was a high school buddy, had been through a couple rough marriages and recently lost her mom to cancer. She was a mess and I thought a few days away from all that would be good for her. Let her recharge and get her life back.

Well, she was here 10 minutes and I was ready for her to leave.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Big difference between being alone, and being lonely

You’ll be fine brother, take some time and focus on yourself, become the best version of you.

You deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm getting there. I spent the day digging a few post holes and building two impromptu trough feeders from scrap lumber to hold 50# blocks for deer. I cleared some brush, mowed the ditches, and then jumped in the livestock trough/redneck pool to cool off. I cranked up the radio and had a gin and tonic while I soaked. And then, me and the good Lord had a long talk. Thy will be done.
    Not having to listen to a woman telling me what I ought to be doing was mighty peaceful.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm getting there. I spent the day digging a few post holes and building two impromptu trough feeders from scrap lumber to hold 50# blocks for deer. I cleared some brush, mowed the ditches, and then jumped in the livestock trough/redneck pool to cool off. I cranked up the radio and had a gin and tonic while I soaked. And then, me and the good Lord had a long talk. Thy will be done.
    Not having to listen to a woman telling me what I ought to be doing was mighty peaceful.
    Get a dog.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

LOL ... now THAT is a complete day!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Knew a guy who worked offshore. He came home after a month on the platform and his key didn't work on the front door. He knocked and a guy he didn't know answered it. Turned out his wife had cleaned out all his money, sold his stuff, and forged his name on the papers to sell the house. The guy who answered the door was pretty badly shaken, as in all likelihood he was going to lose the house. But the offshore guy told him to keep the house. "It's not your fault and I'm better off without her".

I know that the worst thing about divorcing my ex was that I didn't do it 15 years earlier.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    And there isn't anything wrong with just living bachelor's life. No accountability, no one to answer to, if I want to jump on the bike and head to the hill country or Big Bend or Arkansas ... I just leave. There is tremndous freedom in that.

About 6 months ago, I invited a lady friend to come over and spend a couple days.

Don't take that the wrong way ... she was a high school buddy, had been through a couple rough marriages and recently lost her mom to cancer. She was a mess and I thought a few days away from all that would be good for her. Let her recharge and get her life back.

Well, she was here 10 minutes and I was ready for her to leave.

I was single for almost five years in between wife #1 and wife #2. I enjoyed the freedom of being single. I dated a lot, went shooting a lot and had a lot of fun, doing what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Things are better everyday. Every once in a while a profound sense of loss overcomes me but I shake it off and keep moving forward. Thanks again for all the support.

I fully understand what you're going through. Been there twice now. My first divorce, I thought I was going to die! Yeah, I did a lot of crying in my beer over the first one. I was lucky that I had family and friends who had been ther and knew what I was going through.

The second divorce was much easier in many ways. There were a few rough moments, but it wasn't anything like the first one. After almost thirteen years together, she and I had just grown apart and had no common interests, we barely ever saw one another due to our work schedules, and we were more like room-mates than husband and wife. We both knew it was coming.

I had already even made preparations for the inevitable. I rented my cousin's garage apartment, and on my days off, moved a lot of stuff to the apartment, and to my Dad's barn for storage. Before the divorce was even final. I had even taken a new job, bought a brand new truck!

Top Bottom