• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm still moving on and moving forward. The house in LaPorte was purchased by the first person to look at it on the first day it was on the market. The closing will take place in a couple of weeks.
    I'm staying busy bringing trailer loads to the Angelina County property and moving in. With the exception of one heavy item that my son helped me with, I've moved 100% on my own. It had been somewhat cathartic.
    It is still warm, but you can tell Fall is on the horizon. God is good.
    Not to sound like a wuss, but this break up caught me off-guard. I guess it's the first time I've been "dumped", and I really loved her.
    NOW, I really hate her. Perhaps that's a bit strong, but I'm finally at the point where I would tell her to kiss my arse if she called me needing something.
    DK Firearms

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm still moving on and moving forward. The house in LaPorte was purchased by the first person to look at it on the first day it was on the market. The closing will take place in a couple of weeks.
    I'm staying busy bringing trailer loads to the Angelina County property and moving in. With the exception of one heavy item that my son helped me with, I've moved 100% on my own. It had been somewhat cathartic.
    Not to sound like a wuss, but this break up caught me off-guard. I guess it's the first time I've been "dumped", and I really loved her.
    NOW, I really hate her. Perhaps that's a bit strong, but I'm finally at the point where I would tell her to kiss my arse if she called me needing something.
    Not sure how I missed this whole thread but I am sorry you went through this. It appears to me you are fully recovered and much better off.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I've been scarce for a while due to a life- changing event. I nursed my significant- other of ten-years back to health recently, only to have her call it quits and ghost me for the last two months.
    It's a blessing in disguise, as my recent retirement and plans to relocate to a rural area seemed to be less-and-less appealing to her as time grew closer for it to become reality.
    Life sometimes throws has us a curve. Sometimes it kicks us in the nads.
    There were some very dark days, but every sunrise looks more promising.
    I'll be fine. God is good!
    Hang in there. In our prayers.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Been there... Done that... There are good days and there are bad days then there are "just days". Grieving is not a bad thing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

It's always hard, even under the best of circumstances. But it does get easier with time. Even preparing for the inevitable break-up still catches off guard when you realize this is life changing event. BTDTX2! Or several!

But it seems you are adapting and moving on from this. Good for you. It's hard, but we all survive.

Trust me, anger is a normal emotion to have. It shows you are human and have feelings. Laughter also works very well too!

Old timer I worked with many years ago when I went through my first divorce. Best cure is another woman! I kind of thought that would be the very last thing I needed or wanted at the time, but trust me, it works!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I grieved for six months, blaming myself and oh how I could've been a better husband, feelings of guilt, etc.

Eventually, I started thinking about all of her evil/deceitful ways...I stopped grieving almost immediately.

When a buddy of mine pointed that out to me, my grief turned to anger and hate! That worked wonders.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Reminds me of a guy I worked with years ago. His brother worked offshore. He came home late one night and his key didn't work in the front door. He knocked and a stranger answered the door. They both did that, "Who the hell are you?" thing and eventually figured out that his wife forged his signature, sold the house, cleaned out his bank accounts and left. The new home owner was extremely upset, as it was likely that he was going to get evicted and lose everything. The brother thought about the situation for a few minutes and then told the new owner not to worry, that he wasn't going to contest the sale. "If it costs me the house in order to get rid of her, that's OK." He stayed with his brother (the guy I worked with) for a while until he got back on his feet.

Point is, even though it may be painful, it's eventually going to happen anyway, so might as well get it over with and move on. Some people just suck.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm convinced now she has a dark heart, devoid of soul.
    I saw her treat others badly. I just never thought it would be me. Basically, she SAID out loud the things we all think but do not SAY due to civility. I walked away many a time in grocery stores and other places because I was embarrassed at her behavior. Still, I loved her. I guess for some stupid reason I thought I was going to redeem her. Around animals she had a heart of gold, and in that I saw a redeeming value.
    It's been 4 months now and I have not heard a word. I have attempted no contact for the last 8 weeks.
    I realize now that I did everything in the relationship - cook (daily), clean, mow, make repairs, drive (including getting out of the truck to open the gate, and then get out again to close it behind us), so that she could yak and text on the phone the entire time - while ignoring me and acting like I was rude if I interrupted to point something out along the road.

When I was generous in helping others, either financially or otherwise, she criticized me for being naive and claimed I let others take advantage of me.
    I always went to Church by myself - which she said she would do once we got married.

The good news is that we never mingled our finances or properties.
    She was as financially stable as I am.

Thanks, Dr Phil, for listening. it isn't like I can talk to my friends or family about this. I don't want to be one of those guys that everybody hates to see because they know it's going to be another "woe is me" moment!

I'm moving on. I have a female friend I've known for 25 years (at work, never married) who is interested in pursuing a relationship. So far, I have avoided the issue. She is a big girl and I'm not physically attracted. I know that familiarity and spending time together can change that. She is a beautiful person and has all of the positive qualities that my ex was lacking.

Who says you have to listen to the soap operas to get a good story?

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Just my two cents but be careful with big girls. Ive never met a fat woman* who wasnt a lazy slob (aside from folks getting heavier as they age). Just be wary of ending up doing all of this again : "cook (daily), clean, mow, make repairs, drive (including getting out of the truck to open the gate, and then get out again to close it behind us) " with a new woman that is bringing the same old crap to the table.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Years back on some stupid talk show about divorce they said no matter how much a guy looses in a divorce in a couple of years he's back in good standing & the women is a train wreck financially.

One of my best friends went thru a divorce a few years back. He worked off shore & made the big money. She bitched about him not being home, so he started doing AC work. Again never home. When he started doing lesser jobs she bitched about money. He once said she blew thru $450K in 3 years, with no accounting for it! He has one daughter still to pay support on. He said he can't wait until those checks stop. Not because of his kid but rather to she his ex being won't have it to blow!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Years back on some stupid talk show about divorce they said no matter how much a guy looses in a divorce in a couple of years he's back in good standing & the women is a train wreck financially.

One of my best friends went thru a divorce a few years back. He worked off shore & made the big money. She bitched about him not being home, so he started doing AC work. Again never home. When he started doing lesser jobs she bitched about money. He once said she blew thru $450K in 3 years, with no accounting for it! He has one daughter still to pay support on. He said he can't wait until those checks stop. Not because of his kid but rather to she his ex being won't have it to blow!

Just shows that some talk show hosts or programs are idiots!

My first ex-wife got pretty much most of our assets and possessions in the divorce. I didn't really care, because I just wanted out of that marriage. It was purely toxic.

And within a few years, yep, she was a financial train wreck. Because of her own behavior towards money and finances. Lets see if I can put this into perspective that y'all might understand. She was an alcoholic. Last I heard, she's on her fifth DUI now. Two in Texas and three in Georgia I believe. She has a serious gambling problem. Which cost me dearly, and I seriously doubt she has gotten better with her problem. She has a problem with being faithful as well. She cheated on me numerous times. Last I heard, she's on husband #7, and I was husband #2! Truth be known, and looking back in hindsight, my first ex-wife was a train wreck ling before I met her!

Ex-wife #2 did alright. She did marry up. After that divorce, I hit some hard times financially, but that wasn't any fault of hers. It was just the times we were going through, and many others were getting hit hard as well. We recovered though.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I used to live in Gainsville, GA - worked in Atlanta. After I got my divorce I was still working for BellSouth. One day driving home on GA-400 I saw a truck with all kinna hand scrolled notes on it. I will never forget what was inscribed on the back glass:

"MY NEXT WIFE WILL BE NORMAL!"

Oh... he had so much to learn. First off "His last wife was normal!"

Top Bottom