• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    With all due respect why dont you walk up to one and check it out? Olympic Gym does not. Its an old school powerlifting gym on the North side. I carry in there. I am pretty sneaky though.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm a member of the Lifetime Fitness off of 121 (Sam Rayburn Tollway) in Allen/Frisco. They have a very visible 30.06 sign posted at every entrance so I know that I can not carry inside their building. They also have armed security paroling the parking lot. When I was signing up I raised the complaint about the 30.06 notice and was told that there was nothing at all that I could do to change the policy because it was a corporate thing (They are headquartered in Minnesota). I just decided that their facilities are nice enough and their security is nice enough that I am comfortable leaving my handgun in my car.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm a member of the Lifetime Fitness off of 121 (Sam Rayburn Tollway) in Allen/Frisco. They have a very visible 30.06 sign posted at every entrance so I know that I can not carry inside their building. They also have armed security paroling the parking lot. When I was signing up I raised the complaint about the 30.06 notice and was told that there was nothing at all that I could do to change the policy because it was a corporate thing (They are headquartered in Minnesota). I just decided that their facilities are nice enough and their security is nice enough that I am comfortable leaving my handgun in my car.

I hate to see that kind of thing supported. Their attitude is not welcome in Texas. I've had zero trouble with 24 hour fitness.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I hate to see that kind of thing supported. Their attitude is not welcome in Texas. I've had zero trouble with 24 hour fitness.

I am by no means supporting their policy but I have never felt threatened there and you can't get this at a 24 hour fitness:

In before the haters: You're going to say that I do support their policy with my membership fees. OK, they you support abortion by paying your taxes.

SMUDedmanCenterforLifetimeFitness_317.jpg

QH25QpmTjGg3hvhAdsEBrB6cldUBb_8zR3XY_urOx64_300x300.jpg

6a00e553bdb6ce883401538fe9b6e9970b-500wi

0.jpg

Photo46.jpg

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Oh, and the pic of the basketball court? That is one of six that they have there. Do I need to post a pic of the climbing cavern? The day care center? The spin classes? Tennis? etc...

Lifetime Fitness is the bomb.

10mm and 45

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    San Antonio
    With all due respect why dont you walk up to one and check it out? Olympic Gym does not. Its an old school powerlifting gym on the North side. I carry in there. I am pretty sneaky though.
    Will do. Just wondering if other members knew and carried to the gym. I am planning on working out after work and occasionally I'm on a bike. I agree with TXARGUY that their facilities are nice enough.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I don't really have any way to carry while working out and don't care to leave a firearm in their lockers (ID card operated) so I'd just as soon leave my gun secured in my car anyway.

Top Bottom