• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    A while back I picked up one of the limited run Model 70 featherweights in 7mm Mauser. I put a tactical style scope on it because I had it lying around, but it's time to set it up properly as a lighter weight hunting rig.

What would you suggest for a lightweight 2-7 scope with a bdc style reticle. Price isn't an issue, but this is a 300 yard max deer rifle. Doesn't have to be S&B quality.
    DK Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Every variable power scope I've had. It ends up staying on one setting and it's usually in the middle of the range.

My suggestion for a scope, Weaver K6 classic. I currently own one. I'm buying a second.

glazer1972

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    E.TX
    Every variable power scope I've had. It ends up staying on one setting and it's usually in the middle of the range.

My suggestion for a scope, Weaver K6 classic. I currently own one. I'm buying a second.

That was actually going to be my suggestion until I saw the BDC requirement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have a p223 nikon that has the BDC. For it to work spot on. The target needs to be ranged. I never use the BDC. The scope has adjustable turret finger knobs that has the range. I adjust the crosshairs verses using the circle centers, tops, and bottoms for poa.

My preference is for a fine duplex with the center wires being on the thinner side. Nikons bdc is rather thick. The center crosshairs cover up the pin point I'm shooting for.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom