• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I joined a couple years ago and tested the waters here. I have been pretty busy and do not get the time to visit often enough. I do plan to remedy that in time to come. I am not a Texas resident but I have been made to feel at home and at ease here. I will admit that I explored other forums and was not so welcome. Even been asked not to come back. They have elite self-important elite leaders that I assume do not want camaraderie or details... just pictures of stuff. As many of you guys know I have pictures and stuff. The other side is I am a historian and try to volunteer information and create dialog about the history in a particular piece and it's place in time. I will answer any question that I can. Some have asked if I have a particular piece in my collections and if I will share pictures.... CERTAINLY! it is SIMPLE feel free to just ask! I do not know everything and I do not have everything... but I am trying!
    Thanks Again!
    I AM here with you... if not physically in Texas but the possibility exists?............... All the Best.
    Guns International

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Tgt is a good community. Been part of another forum when I lived in Oregon and though they welcomed me I could live without moderators that were liberal and mentally unstable. Tgt is a unique site. The moderators are normal folks who do their job perfectly by understanding free speech, having good values, and understand when to drop the ban hammer. I have also met several folks off here who are now friends I’d take a bullet for.

Keep coming to tgt Mad John.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I wouldn't get too mad John about the other forums. You're welcome here.
    Thanks! No skin off of my teeth... I won't be going back!
    I see we may some things in Common. Mauser toys?
    I got bored with a Spanish 1916 Mauser. There was a couple standing in the back of my shop.
    Just an ugly little 7.62 NATO rifle, soooooo this is what I did to it. Only because I had literally thousands of 7.63 NATO plastic training rounds. This works great and a lot of fun.
    Built a set of adjustable double set triggers just for good measure....
    DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Tgt is a good community. Been part of another forum when I lived in Oregon and though they welcomed me I could live without moderators that were liberal and mentally unstable. Tgt is a unique site. The moderators are normal folks who do their job perfectly by understanding free speech, having good values, and understand when to drop the ban hammer. I have also met several folks off here who are now friends I’d take a bullet for.

Keep coming to tgt Mad John.
    Thank you my friend!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Mad John, are you knowledgeable with cowboy shooting? I’m taking a strong interest in cimmaron firearms.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    That's beautiful. The only Mauser I have is a 1918 Erfurt that was drilled and tapped for german optics, bent bolt handle, jeweled bolt, but was sportorized with an '06 springfield 4 groove barrel. I believe the reciever was a sniper rifle because of the scope mounts and the receiver and bolt lugs lock up is tight. It shoots sub moa with non match factory loads. I bought it with a nice Monte Carlo stock, but I put it in a modern chassis for a better cheek weld.
    20210515_175730.jpg

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thanks! No skin off of my teeth... I won't be going back!
    I see we may some things in Common. Mauser toys?
    I got bored with a Spanish 1916 Mauser. There was a couple standing in the back of my shop.
    Just an ugly little 7.62 NATO rifle, soooooo this is what I did to it. Only because I had literally thousands of 7.63 NATO plastic training rounds. This works great and a lot of fun.
    Built a set of adjustable double set triggers just for good measure.... View attachment 256555 View attachment 256556 View attachment 256560 View attachment 256561
    Double set triggers rock!

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Mad John, are you knowledgeable with cowboy shooting? I’m taking a strong interest in cimmaron firearms.
    Yes! I am a member of the WFDA. World Fast Draw Association. I am a consultant with their local sponsor "5Star Firearms" of Winthrop Harbor, Illinois Great folks with an incredible indoor range. Unfortunately I cannot compete due to tremors in my right hand. I am good for maybe two shots and I lose control of my hand and drop my gun. A bit disappointing. My gun for the shooting is an original ,45 Colt 4 3/4 inch Bisley Model. 98% original blue.
    I am somewhat familiar with Cimarron Arms. They appear to be of really good quality! All of my revolvers of that type are period 1900 and earlier originals.
    They will be having a competition shoot tomorrow morning at their outdoor facility in Wisconsin. Can't have anything like that in Illinois!
    Here is my Bisley that i would be using and will be carrying tomorrow.
    I think I have two or three more. John
    DSC_0474-a.jpg
    DSC_0476-a.jpg
    DSC_0477-a.jpg
    DSC_0479-a.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yes! I am a member of the WFDA. World Fast Draw Association. I am a consultant with their local sponsor "5Star Firearms" of Winthrop Harbor, Illinois Great folks with an incredible indoor range. Unfortunately I cannot compete due to tremors in my right hand. I am good for maybe two shots and I lose control of my hand and drop my gun. A bit disappointing. My gun for the shooting is an original ,45 Colt 4 3/4 inch Bisley Model. 98% original blue.
    I am somewhat familiar with Cimarron Arms. They appear to be of really good quality! All of my revolvers of that type are period 1900 and earlier originals.
    They will be having a competition shoot tomorrow morning at their outdoor facility in Wisconsin. Can't have anything like that in Illinois!
    I think I have two or three more. John View attachment 256575 View attachment 256576 View attachment 256577 View attachment 256578

I typically can't shoot Bisleys to save my life, but that is purty.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I typically can't shoot Bisleys to save my life, but that is purty.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yes Bisleys are a bit different. Have you actually tried an original Colt Bisley model? IT is a whole different breed compared to the non-Colt! The originals were designed for the Bisley matches in England. When broken in the short stroke swept back and down hammer with the rear mounted trigger made them very quick and crisp! Very little movement in the single action mechanism when being cocked to actual hammer fall!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think I have two or three more. John View attachment 256575 View attachment 256576 View attachment 256577 View attachment 256578
    My only cimmaron right now. Texas ranger edition.
    full

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not an historian, but I have always been fascinated with history and always open to learn more.

I have been called an expert in welding, but even after 46 years of welding, I know my knowledge doesn't even come close to knowing it all.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more!

Top Bottom