• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Not an historian, but I have always been fascinated with history and always open to learn more.

I have been called an expert in welding, but even after 46 years of welding, I know my knowledge doesn't even come close to knowing it all.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more!
    I used to be able to ride and I do miss it a bit. My knees are so bad that if I flopped it I needed help just to get it back up. Same goes with other things when you get old...lol
    My last bike was a '52 Indian Roadmaster "V" Twin. Just ate me out of house and home and would rather buy guns. For what it's worth, got a BA in US History from ODU in Va.
    I will have to see if I have a picture of the bike. That was over forty years ago.
    Hurley's Gold

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I used to be able to ride and I do miss it a bit. My knees are so bad that if I flopped it I needed help just to get it back up. Same goes with other things when you get old...lol
    My last bike was a '52 Indian Roadmaster "V" Twin. Just ate me out of house and home and would rather buy guns. For what it's worth, got a BA in US History from ODU in Va.
    I will have to see if I have a picture of the bike. That was over forty years ago.
    My dad had a 49 Indian Chief, he died when I was 16. What I remember most was it may have been the heaviest bike I've ever been on.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Double set triggers rock!
    Sometimes I simply get bored then my mind goes to another place.
    I really have a thing for double set triggers! It is an old school thing our early gunmakers were very familiar with because they all too often only had one shot and it just HAD to be on target! Soooooo in my boredom I build my own adjustable double-set triggers then fit them to a few of my personal rifles.
    Here is another "Brain-fart" I put together from a Swiss large ring Mauser action I was Ferreting away for just such a time. My mind was toying with just how truly accurate is .45 acp??? At lets say 200+ yards? I surprised even myself ... this gun is loads of fun! Not really a new idea just my spin on it. Absolutely no recoil! Have since put double set-triggers on it.
    Pretty darned quiet, not much more report than a .22 short! NOT Suppressed, just sounds strange. Gets some odd looks at the range... NOT FOR SALE! Enjoy!
    DSC_0062b.jpg
    DSC_0064-a.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0069-a.jpg
    DSC_0070-a.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sometimes I simply get bored then my mind goes to another place.
    I really have a thing for double set triggers! It is an old school thing our early gunmakers were very familiar with because they all too often only had one shot and it just HAD to be on target! Soooooo in my boredom I build my own adjustable double-set triggers then fit them to a few of my personal rifles.
    Here is another "Brain-fart" I put together from a Swiss large ring Mauser action I was Ferreting away for just such a time. My mind was toying with just how truly accurate is .45 acp??? At lets say 200+ yards? I surprised even myself ... this gun is loads of fun! Not really a new idea just my spin on it. Absolutely no recoil! Have since put double set-triggers on it.
    Pretty darned quiet, not much more report than a .22 short! NOT Suppressed, just sounds strange. Gets some odd looks at the range... NOT FOR SALE! Enjoy!
    View attachment 256723 View attachment 256724 View attachment 256725 View attachment 256726 View attachment 256727

Mad John, that is way even beyond awesome and cool! I frigging love it!

I can now understand why you are called "Mad John". It fits you!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yes Bisleys are a bit different. Have you actually tried an original Colt Bisley model? IT is a whole different breed compared to the non-Colt! The originals were designed for the Bisley matches in England. When broken in the short stroke swept back and down hammer with the rear mounted trigger made them very quick and crisp! Very little movement in the single action mechanism when being cocked to actual hammer fall!
    Yeah I have. Been a few lifetimes ago though. Same thing with modern double actions. Some of them are just gorgeous works of art to me, but I can't shoot them for shit. Ergonomics just don't fit me.
    I do love my SAs though.
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Mad John, that is way even beyond awesome and cool! I frigging love it!

I can now understand why you are called "Mad John". It fits you!
    [/QUOT
    Well, there is a back-story to my "Mad John" moniker. It is from a song by The Small Faces, back in the sixties. In my unit in Vietnam we used song titles and drink names for call signs. I was stuck with "Mad John" it still fits!

Top Bottom