• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    My husband took his CHL class today and is in the process of filling out the application. We've come to a stumbling block, though: his permanent address has always been the one where his family lived even while he was in college. While at college he was assigned an "address" and mailbox number for purposes of receiving mail. Must he list this address on his application or does his permanent address hold as his "only" address while he was in school?
    Wondering because he never used his school address for anything and it seems like it would flag his application if he lists two addresses for the same time period.
    Thanks much!
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    We just found that it says in one place on the blue thing in the packet under Residence Addresses for Preceeding Five Years: "Provid[e] the required information including college addresses."
    So I guess we'll list it. It says the same thing under employment so we assume they consider "student" a job.
    Now we're trying to figure out what to do for his current enrollment. Leave the last part of the from/to blank, crossed out, or filled out with the date the semester is over. *sigh* And might I add that the only reason we don't know is because when he asked in class, the instructor did not know either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    Public college Collin College and private college Austin College...currently enrolled in both. Not taking online classes.
    The blue instruction sheet says you must list college addresses for both residence addresses and employment. Eh. We're going to ask around with different instructors and email the DPS too I think.
    Still, they really should specify because now he's going to have all sorts of overlapping time periods for different addresses. Not to mention the time period when we had both an apartment and dorm room. College rules stated we were required to live in the dorms, but we were really living in our apartment...a whole big mess. Then we took a leave of absence which means we're still considered students but aren't enrolled in classes...yeah. Just a whole big mess.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    When in doubt, list it.

Oddly enough, I had all mine written out, but DH had only one or two. His went through without a hitch. DPS is getting apps through like lightening now so if I was a betting woman I'd say the addresses wouldn't be a stumbling block to a fast turn around.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    TI, the fun thing is whether to list or not...personally, I'd list it - if it doesn't show up on THEIR records, it'll likely just be a "huh" moment. If you don't list it and it DOES show up (say, you got a ticket and listed an addy not shown), then you've got 'splaining to do. One NICE thing is, once you get it, renewing it seems to be easier.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    We went ahead and listed them all after asking around. Nice thing is, hubby's only gotten a ticket once and it was at his parent's permanent address when he was still in high school, so we aren't worried about something bad showing up, just more worried about omitting something that shouldn't be omitted.
    We sent his packet yesterday...and the waiting begins! :)

Top Bottom