• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    When I went to pick up my EMP, I found this just sitting there, and decided to give it a home as well.

Fit and finish are very good, and I like the hammer and its recess in the tang. It needs a bit of skate-board tape to kill some of the slick-ness, but overall I like it better than any of the Mustangs I owned in the past.

Sig Sauer P238
    SSP238.gif
    Target Sports

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Nice grab. I almost had one a while back when I was still gainfully employed but there was one guy ahead of me on the list at my local shop and he took it. Now I guess I'll have to stick to drooling over yours. Let us know how she performs.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    when i went to pick up my emp, i found this just sitting there, and decided to give it a home as well.

Fit and finish are very good, and i like the hammer and its recess in the tang. It needs a bit of skate-board tape to kill some of the slick-ness, but overall i like it better than any of the mustangs i owned in the past.

Sig sauer p238
    ssp238.gif

better than the mustang?!?!?!?! Blasphemy

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    It runs great so far... even with the JHPs I tried (Mag-Tech and Gold-Dot). It should make a nice gyn-shorts and t-shirt gun this summer.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you?

I love my Sigs, and I like the look of the 238, but I can't justify dropping the Sig Suggested $550 on a pocket .380. I haven't had a chance to handle one yet, so that might change my mind. The only review I've read so far is in one of the gun rags that had it on the cover, so I look forward to more info from people who have them.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Mine (two tone with night sights) was $480 out the door... there are other variations that are priced higher and lower.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you?

I love my Sigs, and I like the look of the 238, but I can't justify dropping the Sig Suggested $550 on a pocket .380. I haven't had a chance to handle one yet, so that might change my mind. The only review I've read so far is in one of the gun rags that had it on the cover, so I look forward to more info from people who have them.

Have you seen the Taurus TCP......I picked one up at a the local shop Friday (SS version), shoots very nice, $329.00+tax.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Academy has had .380 in stock two weekends in a row now. FMJs and HPs... I picked up several boxes this weekend and they still had a decent amount on the shelves. It's their Monarch ammo, but that's better than no ammo.

That's where I have been buying it, I started buying months before I even owned a .380 just because it was so hard to find, lol....

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Mine (two tone with night sights) was $480 out the door... there are other variations that are priced higher and lower.

That's not bad at all. That's about $50 less than the lowest price model (nitron) that Sig Advertises, and that two-tone looks great!

And, ZX9RCAM, I have not seen or even heard of the Taurus TCP, but after some bad experience with Taurus, I've sworn off of them. I won't buy another one.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    And, ZX9RCAM, I have not seen or even heard of the Taurus TCP, but after some bad experience with Taurus, I've sworn off of them. I won't buy another one.

It is a brand new model, & you are not the only person that feels/felt that way......

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom