• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Good read - passed that along to a few folks that will enjoy it and understand it.
    There are many out there that would not comprehend it's contents and meaning, sorry to say!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Good read - passed that along to a few folks that will enjoy it and understand it.
    There are many out there that would not comprehend it's contents and meaning, sorry to say!

It is a bit "heady" and takes a little concentration to read and understand, but it's some scary stuff, and sorry to say, it ain't fiction.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    But it’s harder to maintain the "Live free or die!" spirit when you’re facing not an immediate crisis but just a slow, remorseless, incremental, unceasing ratchet effect.

"I have never learned to fight for my freedom. I was only good at enjoying it."

From marriage/family life, to no score soccer, to the entitlement mentality, we are slowly falling apart. People won't tough it out when it's easier to say you were inconvenienced or offended.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

From marriage/family life, to no score soccer, to the entitlement mentality, we are slowly falling apart. People won't tough it out when it's easier to say you were inconvenienced or offended.

You are wise beyond your years grasshopper.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    People need to use the magic word ...

NO

No Jimmy, you can't eat that last half of the pizza
    No Jimmy, you are not a winner just for participating.
    No Jimmy, you do suck, dedicate yourself and work harder.
    No Jimmy, you will never find happiness in Pop Psychiatry.
    No Jimmy, now stfu.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    People need to use the magic word ...

NO

No Jimmy, you can't eat that last half of the pizza
    No Jimmy, you are not a winner just for participating.
    No Jimmy, you do suck, dedicate yourself and work harder.
    No Jimmy, you will never find happiness in Pop Psychiatry.
    No Jimmy, now stfu.

No is still the 1st word a child learns today but with a different meaning.

No jimmy mommy busy
    No jimmy you can stay out later
    No Jimmy daddy never is coming back in this house

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    You're on it DC.
    But just like fluids and gases, lazy people take the path of least resistance.
    It seams (IMHO) people these day don't want to be bothered and will let someone, anyone deal with the day to day aspects of their lives in regards to - health issues, political issues, local issues, world issues and their kids.
    These same people will beat their breast when the media spills it's blubbering BS on the public and never research if there was any truth in it in the 1st place; they take it at face value.
    If the majority of this nation does not wake up and take responsibility for themselves we are toast as a nation.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You got it right Mo. I think we are screwed, because righting the ship will take a massive rudder (strong conservative leader) and I just don't know at this point who there is to take that roll. Sadly it's going to take a catastrophe to wake people up.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    OK fine <sigh> I accept I will run for president.:patriot: But only if yall will quit asking.
    Only if C DCortez is house speaker, Navyguy gets DHS, give me the Treasury and see if any more money gets handed out.
    Can you folks imagine what this country would be like if it was handed over to folks on this forum LOL!!!
    Man the word CHANGE would take on a whole new meaning!!!!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Only if C DCortez is house speaker, Navyguy gets DHS, give me the Treasury and see if any more money gets handed out.
    Can you folks imagine what this country would be like if it was handed over to folks on this forum LOL!!!
    Man the word CHANGE would take on a whole new meaning!!!!
    Yesir the word would never be muttered by another Obamanation Pres.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I'll tell you this, if you expect your kids to understand what is going on in this country and the world, YOU better explain it to them. If you expect them to get the scoop from school or the news, you'll be sadly disappointed. If you rely on anyone else to tell YOUR children what they need to know, you are taking a very big chance and risking extreme disappointment.

For a long time my kids complained about our dinner table discussions, then they joked about them (Dad was kind of crazy), now they are the leaders and instigators of discussion about what outrages they are witnessing. The point is that they have the ability to comprehend issues and make decisions based on their own analysis. That is the biggest thing that I see missing in MANY kids these days, and why so many believe this claptrap about "change" and "remaking America", they simply have no understanding of what they are, where they came from or what they expect from themselves.

Sorry for the lecture,

Jeff B.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You are absolutely correct in your analysis Jeff. It's especially disturbing when you see the polls or people on the street interviews regarding our government, and see so many people that can't even name the Vice President, let a lone a Supreme Court Justis. It's all about pop culture unless important issues are discussed with kids at home starting at a very young age. I think in a lot of families, it's just too much work for the parents, and they "expect" the school system to teach their kids everything from sex education, to personal hygiene and politics. Something has to change, and I'm not talking about the crap BHO is putting out.

Top Bottom