• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think I'll be there.

Apprehensive? About what? It's not a bad show, and it's in a good venue IMO. Neighborhood is fine and even if it wasnt... you've got a gun... right?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This is the Texas Guns Shows-sponsored event, right? Does anyone know if any vendors show up for this one that don't show up for the other event they host at the SA Event Center (410 and Marbach) that was just last weekend? We are going to Buda to meet someone concerning a SKS, and could stop by there on the way back if it is worth the trouble; but if it is the same people then we'll pass...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was at that one off Marbach last weekend; it was pathetic... There are usually quite a few more vendors at the Live Oak show, and I know there are some that I've seen every one of the 3 or 4 times I've been there that weren't at Marbach.

navajo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    bulverde
    Going for one reason. Friend of mine owns a full auto FNC, hammer was broken last shoot we had and I found him a new one.
    Right now, its a real expensive paper weight.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I think word has gotten out that the Marbach show sucks donkey spit....went one time, won't be back. Best news is that it's the new site for the SAXET gun show, so no more $3 parking charge!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The Texas Gun Shows show at the Marbach location wasn't that bad, but it isn't worth the $7 ($6 with a coupon) to get in. I did find a vendor with several Taurus PT738s and was able to compare on with the PT709, and I bought a M38; but for the most part the SAXET shows are much better. It will be interesting to see how much better they will be in the new facility, as one vendor told me they had a waiting list at Freeman because of the limited space. In this new venue, they should be able to accommodate more vendors, hopefully making the show better (if they are gun-related vendors, not the Sham-Wow, dried beef jerky or bottled water types).

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hmmm....we musta been there different weekends then - because the one time I went, they had about 40% occupancy, an' their pickin's were pretty slim. I've seen better odds in a bar durin' a Baptist Convention....

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've been to the Live Oak show a couple of times and each time left unimpressed. It is better than the Marbach show, but not very good. More junk than hardware. I'll just save my $6 and wait til next month.

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    I am "hoping" that the SAXET shows at the new location will bring back a lot of the vendors that were always at the old Broadway/410 shows.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We went, and saw a lot of overpriced rifles. About the only thing that caught my eye was a jacket that didn't have a price on it. When I asked, the vendor said it was the same as the other jackets on the rack; and when I looked the only other one I could find a price on said '$55.' When I asked if that was the price, I was told it wasn't, that the jacket was $99 + tax. The vendor swore that was a great price, but when I got home I found the exact same thing for $79.99 with free shipping and no tax.

We did meet a guy from Austin at Cabela's that said there was also a show at the Crockett Center there this weekend, so I think that may have drawn some vendors away from the Live Oak show. SAXET canceled their remaining shows in Austin, so I don't know who is hosting this one.

Basically, I think we are going to pass on the Texas Gun Shows shows and if we go to anything, it'll be the SAXET shows. I was told there would be more vendors in the new location, so I hope that's true.

On a lighter note, I did pick up a nice Yugo M59 at a good price in a private sale at Cabela's!

Cheers! M2

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I just got back and will probably go back tomorrow because you can get in for free on the second day. Which I like about it. It was okay. There were more vendors than people walking around. Not crowded like the SAXET shows. It would be nice to see two separate decent shows in the area.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I live in Houston but grew up in Live Oak. That spot was a Handy Dan's before it became the Civic Center. Before it was Handy Dan's, it was a great wooded area for arrow head hunting. Still have many of them. Things that make you go hmmm.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Went by there yesterday, I'd never been to the Live Oak show. A bit bigger than the Marbach show and some vendors that aren't at the one on Marbach. Gonna try to go back today to pick up something I saw but wanted to think about (free 2nd day admission is one nice thing about this show). If it's not still there I'm sure I'll find it at the SAXET show in a couple weeks.

jmsfmtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Fischer
    CHL

I know that the gun shows do not allow you to carry even with a CHL. So do I stop at the table remove my weapon, which has already been unloaded, and have them put a plastic tie through it? Or am I supposed to leave it in my car?

Top Bottom