• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I haven't been to show at Live Oak in more than a year....because it sucked! I have a day off tomorrow with nothing to do, so I was thinking of doing breakfast, then the show. Anyone know if that show still sucks? Few vendors, etc?
    Capitol Armory ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It does not suck, but does need life support.

Went today. Nice folks behind the tables and in the aisles.

ANY GUN SHOW is better than a movie or a trip to McDonald's.

Saw one heck of a good deal on a Polish 9x18 Makarov pistol; will go back tomorrow to pick it up, as I did not have the cash on me today.

One vendor had reloading supplies at "Before Obama" prices, another had MREs at just five bucks a pouch.

Saw some AK bayonets for $8-12, depending on condition, and lots of COMBLOC long guns for sale.

Even though this show is "bush league," I usually find some grand bargains not to be found at other shows.

Having said that, don't get your hopes up too high.

The admission is good for both days, and parking is gratis.

There are also some good eats to be found on Pat Booker Road, unlike Marbach Road where you are likely to be assaulted as you get out of your vehicle.

Be well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not negativity, it's the truth. The TGS Live Oak show is the shittiest one in the area. That company's events are to be avoided, they are ripping everyone off in their half-ass attempts at putting on a show. I've been to several of them and the only one that was worth the effort was the one down in Floresville, and even that just barely. The final straw was a Live Oak show that only occupied half the venue because of a computer show in the other half. TGS 'conveniently' failed to mention this when sucking seven dollars out of my hand like a two-bit whore, and once we realized they were ripping us off even more so than usual they failed to offer a refund.

So anyone stupid enough to throw their money away by going to these shows are free to do so, but with the SAXET and Premier Gun Shows events there is no reason to waste good money on a show when the promoter doesn't even bother to try and put on a halfway decent event.

And lets not forget how TGS threw everyone under the bus up in Austin by cowing to the APD 'demands' that violated not only state law, but our individual rights. Then those bozos lied about the details in an attempt to disconnect themselves from their guilt, but a few individuals did their research and found they did nothing to try and protect their own customers. If you want to continue to give your money to someone who put profit ahead of the local gun community, go for it; but I for one will not support a business that doesn't support its customers!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    depending on the quality of products and quantity on those 22 tables, $7 wouldnt be a deal breaker.

Based on previous experience, it is. It costs less to go to a SAXET show, and there is at least ten times that number of tables if not more. TGS shows are a complete rip-off, and I would not be surprised to see them go away altogether one day. Considering the number of other shows that are significantly better, you'd really have to be desperate to waste your time and money going to a TGS show...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Balderdash!

SAXET: Three Bucks Parking + Five Bucks Admission = Eight Bucks.

TGS: Free Parking + Six Bucks Admission (Military Discount) = Six Bucks.

SAXET/SA Gunshow: Primers @ $32+. TGS: Primers @ $21-26.

Comparing one to the other without empirical evidence only reveals an elitist mindset demeaning of those of us who would go to a "lesser gun show."

Be well.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If all you want is primers, then TGS is for you.

If you want to see an excellent selection of guns, anything BUT TGS.

Been to both for many years, stopped goin' to TGS because it went to crap. Still go back every year or so to see if it's changed - it ain't.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, for one not everyone on here gets a military discount.

Secondly, I don't know who you are buying from; but the reloaders I know tell me they find good deals on primers at the SAXET shows.

But I really don't give a rat's ass which show anyone goes to, but if someone asks about the show I am going to give them the straight scoop. The truth is that the TGS shows are crap, and if you do any research on this forum you will find that is not just my opinion but also that of the majority on here. Plus, as I stated they really showed their true colors during that fiasco up in Austin. Any gun-related business that would do anything to deter the rights of its customers is one I will adamantly speak against. If you want to continue to support them, then feel free; but any promoter that violates my rights isn't going to get a dime out of me.

Plus, despite what you may think or say, their shows suck!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Here we go with "WE" again. And to hell what happened in Austin.

Live Oak has no problem with this show like the APD did.

The promoter got ambushed by Austin and its Jack-Booted PD; I doubt you would have handled it any better.

Hell, the APD chief of police just the other day told the Mexican Mafia to go back to San Antonio.

And since you are making accusations, it is up to YOU to provide factual evidence to prove your point.

You said:

"The truth is that the TGS shows are crap, and if you do any research on this forum you will find that is not just my opinion but also that of the majority on here."

Not my yob (JOB) to validate your imbecile rants; and other than one other poster, your claims reek of alcohol-induced rants on an otherwise sensible forum.

Not everyone gets a military discount, but fewer still get to shoot at Camp Bullis as you are so proud to declare.

Are you with us or against us?

Be well.

Perspective, Skippy, Perspective.

Be well.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    And lets not forget how TGS threw everyone under the bus up in Austin by cowing to the APD 'demands' that violated not only state law, but our individual rights. Then those bozos lied about the details in an attempt to disconnect themselves from their guilt...
    That's reason enough not to goto their show.

Hell, the APD chief of police just the other day told the Mexican Mafia to go back to San Antonio.
    lmao... "Go back to San Antonio where you belong!"

Top Bottom