The above mentioned picture of Abbottabad:
    3ffdd_abbottabad.jpg

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yep, that's Pakistan. Still haven't been there, even though my family is from there. I have relatives in Karachi. My mom always talks about the awesome mountains and scenery in Lahore.

Apart from all the fucked up corrupt government and people, it's a pretty cool looking place scenery wise, kinda like California

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Wait, a helicopter crashed?

Yeah. Two went in and one had a "mechanical" problem that made it unable to return. I'm thinking rotor strike while low hovering after the troops rappelled down and engaged. The pilot put it down, they burned it and all left in one bird.
    Says something about the size of the force. A Blackhawk won't carry more than 15-18 crammed full like a clown car if my memory from being in the 11th ACR is correct.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I think they had a Chinook with them. What I find amusing is that we did this right under the Pakistani's noses! By the time they realized something was happening, it was already over and we were gone. LOL It will make them realize that we can sneak in and take any of them out too if necessary. Surprise!!!!!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Here is a pic of the tailsection of the crashed bird. Looks like a Blackhawk, but I don't doubt they had a Chinook with them as well. Robin, what does it look like to you?
    hi-osama-compound-6col.jpg

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    May our Judeo/Christian GOD bless and keep those brave American Military who took out the swine, Bin Ladin....May their lives find endless happiness, prosperity, and peace of mind as well as health !!! They ALL deserve the Congressional Medal of Honor, but presented by a different resident of the Oval Office after 2011....

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    May our Judeo/Christian GOD bless and keep those brave American Military who took out the swine, Bin Ladin....May their lives find endless happiness, prosperity, and peace of mind as well as health !!! They ALL deserve the Congressional Medal of Honor, but presented by a different resident of the Oval Office after 2011....

+1

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist the world to keep...with all my heart I give my thanks...to those in uniform regardless of ranks...you serve our country and serve it well...with humble hearts your stories tell...so as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings our flag still flies...you give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust....Amen.
    Feel free to copy & paste

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Here is a pic of the tailsection of the crashed bird. Looks like a Blackhawk, but I don't doubt they had a Chinook with them as well. Robin, what does it look like to you?
    hi-osama-compound-6col.jpg

It was not a helo my friend. Looks like a UAV. Here is two comparasons. I know for sure that is not a Hawk.
    SIKORSKY_UH-60A_BLACK_HAWK.jpg
    View attachment 8179
    It is possible they did that as a diversionary tactic.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Well, he seemed like an honest guy. All he wanted to do was swat the helicopter with a fly swatter. I mean, who doesnt. lol. Thats a crazy coincidence of his tweets and it being osama

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It was interesting to see his eye witness account of a historic event. I know we'll never know who did this raid for us but they would never pay for a beer again as long as they lived!

Flash

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well, he seemed like an honest guy. All he wanted to do was swat the helicopter with a fly swatter. I mean, who doesnt. lol. Thats a crazy coincidence of his tweets and it being osama

He has a blog that dates back to 2009. I haven't looked at his older tweets, but he seems real.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Downed bird looks like a MH60K, which the 160th SOAR flies.

Whatever it is in that pic, it's the wrong color for 160th. They mainly operate at night (Night Stalkers anyone?), and AF gray isn't the best color for low-level night flying.

The horizontal elements of that tail are the wrong shape, too.

I think that our resident helicopter expert is right - it's a UAV. Dunno why they dropped it there, though unless it's to make things seem more dramatic a-la Song Tay.

Top Bottom