• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Talking with my Son in law and got on the subject of guns. All is going fine then at some point I asked if was interested in an older gun I have and he was quick to say I don't live in the past. I didn't know what to say so I just pretended it didn't happen. Evening went on as planned.

When we got home I told my wife what he said and she replied with Oh crap!

Exactly he is Not to receive any of my firearms, reloading crap, animal mounts, tools, optics, vehicles Nothing!

Mind you I've given him a few and boughrt him his first

That hit me like a tonof bricks.

Hope you never have to make decisions you never planned on making with family.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    That sucks. I’ll be your new son in law. Jk lol. Hell I’ll mow your lawn for ammo.

That does suck though. As my son gets older I’m paying attention to see what he turns into. Hopefully respectful and pro gun. A lot of times kids are the opposite of parents just cause. Rebellious? Don’t know. I did that with my dad. He’s a democrat and doesn’t understand the second amendment. Whatever…

You can tell me off as it ain’t my place but your son in law sounds like an ungrateful prick. Ain’t no reason to scoff at kindness.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Talking with my Son in law and got on the subject of guns. All is going fine then at some point I asked if was interested in an older gun I have and he was quick to say I don't live in the past. I didn't know what to say so I just pretended it didn't happen. Evening went on as planned.

When we got home I told my wife what he said and she replied with Oh crap!
    Exactly he is Not to receive any of my firearms, reloading crap, animal mounts, tools, optics, vehicles Nothing!
    Mind you I've given him a few and bought him his fist.
    That hit me like a ton of bricks.
    Hope you never have to make decisions you never planned on making with family.

Very disappointing.

For what it is worth, I am a big fan of single action army revolvers....just in case your wife is looking for a place to get rid of them!

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I mean if it was a beat up, zinc cast Roehm .25 or a Clerke First or garbage of that kind, I could see the refusal.
    But I'd jump on a OG 1911, or a 93 Borchardt...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Next time you're around him try giving him a big roll of 100 bills and when he holds his hand out..pull back and look at the dates on the bills and say.
    Oops..sorry..these were ALL printed in the past and I remember what you said about not living in the past.

When was his car made?...in the past
    When was his home built? In the past
    When did he give his wedding vows to your daughter? ..in the past

Hell..he has given you a gift that keeps giving..I would rub that in from now on.

Top Bottom