• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 89lxcoupe351w

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    TAYLOR , TX
    so i am going to post this in rifles too, for the rifles i have questions about, but, here is the situation, i have never heard of either of these brands, i have a friend that wants to trade me for these, i need to know what they are worth, and any opinions yall have about them, any info is appreciated
    Gun Zone Deals

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Llamas are fun to shoot but are usually problematic.If you want to switch parts they are not totally compatible with regular 1911s and they are out of production so parts are sometimes hard to find.What kind of SW .40?

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    If your friend wants to trade you a LLama, you need new friends. They look like a 1911 but that is about it. They have been notorious for problems and quality issues. That said, they are fun to shoot. You can buy a LLama at gun shows for under 3 bills and closer to 2.25.

89lxcoupe351w

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    TAYLOR , TX
    thanks, that is what i figured on the llamas, never heard of them so i wanted some advice, i was worried about parts and interchage ability too

Llamas are fun to shoot but are usually problematic.If you want to switch parts they are not totally compatible with regular 1911s and they are out of production so parts are sometimes hard to find.What kind of SW .40?

not sure what model, i have heard sigmas have problems, but i thought as long as you take care of things, they are usually ok, the internet buzz is always exagerated, but who knows

sykostanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    san marcos
    im ashamed to say, but i have owned a llama .45, and it was the worst 300 bucks i ever spent, it was such a POS it broke after 100 or so rounds. please, dont even let friends own llamas

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    If you need to trust a pistol, do NOT trade for a LLAMA.
    In the dictionary under the words Piece of, well you know what I mean...there is a picture of a LLAMA pseudo 1911.

If you want a 1911, you truly do get what you pay for.

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    Traded a Glock 22 for Llama 9mm. Liked the 1911 look and Hammer, safety lock, and grip safety. I stripped it, removed the bluing and refinished it. So far no problems with about 300 rounds fired with no jams or mishaps.

I was ignorant when I traded for it, so now I'm looking at others for spare parts since I like to tinker but have a small budget. Saving for something better.

When I clean it, I suspect that I am seeing some metal shavings which CANNOT be good.

Have a trusty single action blackhawk though. gotta learn somehow!

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    I remember reading an article about Llama a few years ago. In the article, it stated that the Spanish government actually asked Llama to improve their quality because they were giving Spanish gun makers a bad name.

I should have copied it but I didn't. Perhaps someone else can find the article.

Yes, I used to have a Llama .45. It was pretty old. It pre-dated the "Max" line. It went bang most times but was super picky about the mag lips being perfectly aligned and they bent easily.

I sold it. I hope it wasnt to any of you guys.

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    The older Llamas had all sorts of problems. The newer ones were much better. Have owned 5 of them and only had problems with one. The other four are great guns. Parts may be a problem since Llama is now defunct, but a lot of the parts will interchange with 1911 stuff, probably with some fitting. Love my Llamas!

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    Nice to know. I was also told that mags would not fit... etc. but I bought some mags at Bass Pro for the Colt Govt model and they fit and work perfectly. Lots of times, others are right and I respect the experience of others. But sometimes we "paint with too broad of a brush". I asked for opinions and that's what I got. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom