• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I bought this several years ago but never used it. I use the $8 cutter for my 223 swaging needs.

I'm sure Amazon won't accept this as a return so I'm looking for anyone who gas experience with one of these in 762 flavor.

Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You have the small pocket LnL kit and have never used it. You want to get the big pocket kit and want people's opinions on it?

I just wanted to be sure I am understanding correctly.

I hear good things but have never tried either one. Honestly I don't think I have seen a complaint on them.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I have the small primer pocket swager: $8 cutter chucked in a drill for 223. It works great.

A year or so ago I bought the Hornady tool(for 762) that mounts on the LNL press and am going to go ahead and try it out since I dont think Amazon will let me return it. Too bad since the damn thing thing was a heck of a lot more than $8 + s/h!

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Well, I got it mounted(hell, it's a shellplate, no big thing!)and I kind of got it adjusted but won't really know until I try to seat some primers SO I have to clean some brass! And then I have to find my 308 die set.

It may be a while, I'm thinking.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm not sure if I'm on track here, but I got an RCBS small swager from Dawico a while back - primarily for .223's and I love it. Prepping rifle brass is a PITA regardless, but just doing it and not having to worry about primers seating correctly is well worth it.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    image.jpg
    I found all my stuff really quickly so I got my test fit(two cases; only two in case I trashed them 'cause it seems too easy!)after all, it's LC brass.

I had swaged two cases so I primed two cases: effortless. Next, to make sure I wasn't swaging needlessly I tried to prime another: no go. This was done on a Lee cast oring SS press with the little arm that fits inside the ram.

There is a huge difference between the 223 mil cases and the 308 mil cases. The 223 ring is very obvious but the 308 is very faint so I was unsure if I was swaging enough but it's hard to overdo it with this set up.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    View attachment 42456 I found all my stuff really quickly so I got my test fit(two cases; only two in case I trashed them 'cause it seems too easy!)after all, it's LC brass.

I had swaged two cases so I primed two cases: effortless. Next, to make sure I wasn't swaging needlessly I tried to prime another: no go. This was done on a Lee cast oring SS press with the little arm that fits inside the ram.

There is a huge difference between the 223 mil cases and the 308 mil cases. The 223 ring is very obvious but the 308 is very faint so I was unsure if I was swaging enough but it's hard to overdo it with this set up.
    Unless I am sure they are done, I just swage them all.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I'm not sure if I'm on track here, but I got an RCBS small swager from Dawico a while back - primarily for .223's and I love it. Prepping rifle brass is a PITA regardless, but just doing it and not having to worry about primers seating correctly is well worth it.

I've had more luck with the cutters. The press mounted ones were difficult for me to keep dialed in across different headstamps or even different years of same headstamp. I also like that the cutters uniform the pocket.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom