ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
So am I, as far as the same cartridge is concerned. Or repeatedly cycling the same round and potentially damaging the bullet.

I was confused because you were talking about the spring, and I wasn't.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas Burbs
Personally, I down-load 10rd mags by 1-2 if they are to be stored loaded for extended periods of time, 15rd mags by 2-3, and 30rd mags by usually 4. If I ever noticed compression was lacking, I probably wouldn't replace the spring, or mag, but stretch the spring to prior length by comparing to a working mag spring length, or just a little over that. Luckily, I haven't had this problem with Beretta, nor Mec-Gar mags, and the wife hadn't had issues with Ruger SR-9 mags for 6-8 years, yet.

Since I don't want projectile setback, what I have been known to do is (not always, but most of the time) when I eject the one in the chamber, I put it back in the chamber manually, drop the slide, then put in a mag...

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 19, 2021
San Antonio, TX
Since I don't want projectile setback, what I have been known to do is (not always, but most of the time) when I eject the one in the chamber, I put it back in the chamber manually, drop the slide, then put in a mag...

I used to do that too, but then a friend told me that that the extractor is supposed to grab the new round as the slide returns to battery, and that snapping the claw over the edge of the manually chambered shell is "hard" on the extractor. I dunno. Maybe its all BS and is rooted in 1911 "extractor tuning" lore?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
I keep my metal mags full. Polymer like Magpul I keep full if they have the dust covers on them.

Surplus and range only guns I don’t keep loaded or with mags loaded.

I don’t bother downloading, it doesn’t seem to be necessary with modern magazines.

Top Bottom