• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Barlows tackle in richardson tx sells lead bars for weights, works well for my 1858 rem 44. Cast 451 balls with a lee mold. My daughter in law gets better groups than with my 9mm. Last time I got some I believe it was about $14 including shipping.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic
    Military Camp

speedracer

Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    If you know a roofer,they change out those pure lead roof vents most of the time.If he is a friend he will probably give them to you,plumber are the same way.A friend gave me about 75# of sheet lead.later:usflag:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    If you have the real deal Co A Walker that has been authenticated by Colt Firearms with the letter, you are sitting on a $500,000 MIN gun, ther are only 39 known in existence at this time. If the gun is in good shape, bluing etc it could climb towards $1million real fast.

Rated 95%+, thats why it doesnt leave its safe within my main safe.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Now thats fine. Cap and ball colt was my first pistol. Still like them, great fun
    Had a friend years ago, retired sgt., had some 1700 era flintlocks in fabulous condition, as well as some early cap lock rifles. Now they were a blast

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Since I was cleaning on these guys today thought a pic would be appropriate.
    :)

2drhug2.jpg

Here they are in leather with their Little Friend.

33y5kdj.jpg

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yep. I read that as well. I doubt it'll impact home casters though. I'm really wanting a replica dragoon. Money is tight though. We're having another kid and my insurance just almost doubled. I don't wanna buy a cheapy. I want one that'll last 100 years.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Oh come on Man. YOLO. What's more important: baby formula or Dragoon ?:roflfunny:

The Dragoon is a fine piece. You'll love it.

Recommend you buy a few spare parts when you get one. VTI Gun Parts sells them.
    Buy a spare mainspring and a couple or three hand/handspring units. The Uberti's are known to break these parts.

I will warn you tho: If you do not like cleaning guns DO NOT get a blackpowder revolver. HAHAHAHA!

The 2nd generation Colt cap&ball guns are very very nice.
    They're actually Italian made guns fitted and finished here in the U.S.
    Parts for them are Unobtainium Impossiblium. They are NOT the same as Uberti.
    So if you're going to actually run the gun go with Uberti.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    And I wouldn't worry about an Armi San Marco (ASM) revolver. They've been out of business for a long time. Until very recently I had an ASM 1860, but decided to give it to a relative who had lost his black powder gun in a hose fire. I bought it in the late 80's and it still worked fine. Though I didn't shoot it a lot. Only real knock on ASM's is that you can't buy parts for them any longer. Some Uberti parts will fit with "some fitting". They're still quite functional though. There are a lot of "Traditions" guns out there (though I doubt they make a Walker or Dragoon replica). Avoid any "brass frame" guns. Traditions sells a lot of those. And I don't know of a good source for parts for them. I think Cabela's sells some Pietta and Uberti guns. Pietta used to get a knock as being inferior to Uberti, but of late they seemed to have closed that gap quite a bit.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Feb 27, 2009
    When we lived in Mexico in the early '60s, my Dad knew a small town blacksmith who turned out pretty good Walker fakes for $100. The smith made them with nothing more than his crude forge, hammer, files, and a few other hand tools. He then "aged" them a bit for a fake patina. They had no markings. Nobody in their right might should ever attempt to shoot those fakes, though. Dad had him make two of them for my brothers, but I requested a "miniature Walker". He made me a half scale in .22 caliber that's kind of neat - although he didn't get the proportions quite right:
    FamilyFathersDay003.jpg
    FamilyFathersDay004.jpg

Top Bottom