Join TexasGunTalk

Local guy protecting his property

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by sidebite252, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Probably correct. But ................ that certainly doesn't make it very safe. I'm poor, if I buy a gun, I don't want it stolen, not only because of the money issue but I don't want some scumbag killing someone with it after stealing out of my car or dwelling.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Why would your gun be in a Walmart parking lot?

3. Charlie

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Exactly! It should be on the person when going into Wal Mart. I do my best to stay out of Wally World for several different reasons. Cant' find anything, can't get help, if you do get help, they don't know where it is, etc., etc. If you find it it takes 20 min. or better to check out, fast lane .................... even including self-check out. One of the disadvantages of a small town, or poor management.

jordanmills likes this.
  4. mongoose

mongoose Member

Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    A “truck” gun stays in the truck for an emergency. I’m sure ROTOR has an EDC weapon on him when he goes into a WalMart or any other establishment which allows carry.

5. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Try using the Walmart app. You type in what you’re looking for, and it literally tells you where to find it.

The Home Depot app is the same.

I use ‘em whenever I visit these stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  6. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    Exactly.

7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Do you leave tools in your car? Do you strip everything of value out of your car every time you park it in your driveway?

Do you leave your car out overnight?

Why is it more foolish to leave a gun in the car parked in my driveway than to leave the car there?

At some point, you have to look at probabilities. And I have insurance if it is stolen.

8. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    But it is okay if they steal the car, sell the car and use the cash to buy a gun with which they kill someone?

I am not responsible for anything a criminal does with anything they stole from me.

9. Charlie

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    You guys must have a lot more disposable income than I do. Leaving a gun in a vehicle overnight, etc. is just not something I'm going to do.

jordanmills likes this.
  10. Charlie

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Not talking about being "responsible" for what a thief does, just not wanting to make my property extremely easy to steal.

jordanmills likes this.